• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well, this shotgun is possessed, or I am. Finally got around to messing with this and drove out that pin. Like I figured, a small part popped out. I had made a plastic bag to catch small parts like that, so I was patting myself on the back.

I took the bag and reciever in to the house and.....NO LITTLE PART!!! Pounding on the reciever tore holes in the bottom of the bag....

Now, I'm on a hunt for a piece that's about 1/4"×3/8" and God knows where!!!

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    It's not the pin, that's no problem anyway. It's a little part that holds the shells in the magazine.

I've made many passes with one of those wheeled bar contraptions like roofers use. Hit nooks and crannies many times with one of those telescoping magnets mechanics use.

I hate to do it, ( because it's embarrassing, took the paint off one side, and lost a part, ) but I may have to take it to a gunsmith to get a replacement part.

I can't even find a breakdown for this shotgun. I don't know what that part is called, or where to get it.

The search area goes from my tablesaw, across 20' of lawn, a broken down back steps, through the kitchen, into the living room, and the recliner.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I called TR Imports and they said that gun was old, they don't do business with the manufacturer anymore, and parts are non-existent.

So...a gunsmith would have to make a part, so, not happening. Who knows, maybe I'll stumble across it.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    DOH!!! A buddy linked a breakdown of a Bennelli and it looked like the part I have. IDK, maybe I just saw the end of that part poking out.

So fiddling around with it, I'm 99.9% sure I have all the parts ( excepting a 3/32 × 1" rollpin, which is no biggie) so, time to clean it all up, repaint the reciever and reassemble.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well, I half-assed painting the reciever with cheap paint, but it's a $300 shotgun for crying out loud.

About ready to reassemble, (like I remember how I took it apart ).:facepalm:

Crappy paint job, but animals aren't picky about how the guns that kill them look.
    15372213661210.jpg 15372226317490.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom