• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    What are your thoughts on them? I'm thinking of picking one up, standard length barrel with metal triangle folding stock. I know mags are hard to find and kind of pricey but I can deal with that. I'm interested in function and accuracy. Any thoughts?
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Bulgarian made, stamped receiver, semi-automatic variants refurbished from their sporter configuration into a more traditional-looking 922r compliant AK by Arsenal, Inc in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I'm not that familiar with 5.56 AKs, I would suspect their unique parts such as magazines are probably not cheap or easy to find; but I know the 7.62x39 version of the SLRs are regarded as outstanding rifles in the Kalashnikov community!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They appealed to me due to their availability but they seem to be available as most prefer 762x39 or the 545 rounds in an AK. Mags indeed are expensive. Check gunbroker. I want to say they were $80 a piece but i might be smoking crack.

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    Never had any issues and by far the best overall in quality builds. Made a good addition to the AR so able to pair down and able to consolidate same ammo for both rifles. Be patient on the mags and check periodically for the Circle 10s availability then stock up; sometimes they show up on the used market as well and I beleive the 20 rounders are more readily available and lower costs.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    correction

Breakingcontact>> The magazines??? They're around $30-$35 a pop, about the same price as some AK74 mags.

correction: They're $45 a pop at k-var, probably closer to 35-40 from private seller when found.

Going ahead and taking the dive, they're not making them anymore so might as well get one before the prices get to high on them.

Top Bottom