Texas SOT

WTB Slver coins/rounds/bars (Hondo/NW San Antonio)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Interested in purchasing some factory minted silver coins, rounds and bars in Medina Co or NW San Antonio. Willing to pay spot price. Please let me know if you have anything you are interested in selling. Thanks!
    ARJ Defense ad

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Best of luck buying mint rounds at spot price. The cost on those is spot plus a strike fee, directly from the various mints.

If you are looking to get into bulk silver at spot price, then perhaps coin silver is a better bet for you.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Try this.

You could go to your bank branch that deals with and hands out coin. Mine is Wells Fargo on Geronimo in El Paso. Take $100 cash and trade it for $100 of half dollars.

Pick through them, and if you find some that are 1965 or older it is 80% silver. They are easily spotted. On average you will find around 1 or 2 in the bunch. Be prepared to not find any also... That has happened once or twice since I have done this. Take the other "younger coins" and cash them back in.

I used to do this once a month a few years ago, and over time I have about 60+ silver half dollars in my safe. I found a few more last month and haven't re-counted.

mooneyflyfast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2019
    San Antonio
    I have half bag ($500 face value) of 90% silver coins that I will sell at spot--about $5,500 right now. P.M. me if interested. Coins are in my safe deposit box in San Antonio where inspection and payment (cash), and delivery would take place. I am not a dealer so no sales tax.

Last edited:

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Best of luck buying mint rounds at spot price. The cost on those is spot plus a strike fee, directly from the various mints.

If you are looking to get into bulk silver at spot price, then perhaps coin silver is a better bet for you.

Yeah, I know it's a long shot, but I put this add up on Texasguntrader every couple months and always score a little. Small stack of maple leafs or eagles. Every bit counts!

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Try this.

You could go to your bank branch that deals with and hands out coin. Mine is Wells Fargo on Geronimo in El Paso. Take $100 cash and trade it for $100 of half dollars.

Pick through them, and if you find some that are 1965 or older it is 80% silver. They are easily spotted. On average you will find around 1 or 2 in the bunch. Be prepared to not find any also... That has happened once or twice since I have done this. Take the other "younger coins" and cash them back in.

I used to do this once a month a few years ago, and over time I have about 60+ silver half dollars in my safe. I found a few more last month and haven't re-counted.

I have done this a few times with no luck as of yet....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom