• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    After being gone for what will be 5 weeks at the end of this hitch, I am only going to get 2-3 days at home max. My company just made up yet another unnecessary class that they want all vessel officers to take. So now, I have to drive to Houma, Lousy-anna for a class that is a complete waste of time...then haul my rear back to Houston and fly straight back to Commiefornia for 4 more weeks. I know I should be grateful that I'm employed during these times when so many are not, but I actually like spending time with my wife and kids (I know...weird, right?). The people in the office of maritime companies really seem to think that they pay us oh so well, and that that should be enough to stop us from complaining when they come up with these things. They go home every night and seem to forget that we who work on boats have loved ones we want to see as well, not to mention things that need to be done around our homes, or just some time to relax after being stuck on a boat for a month. Heck, I was hoping to take my CHL class this time home, but with only a couple days at home, it won't be possible...hopefully I'll atleast be able to get away and shoot my guns a little (fingers crossed). I know this isn't anywhere near the worst thing that could happen, it just stinks.

BTW: the class is about trying not to spend unnecessary money during a financial "crisis" (i/e don't order a bunch of extra spare parts to keep the boat afloat). Yet they are paying everybody a days wage to attend a class. Seems to me it would have been more cost efficient to send out an e-mail to the fleet and have each of us acknowledge receipt.
    Hurley's Gold

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    BTW: the class is about trying not to spend unnecessary money during a financial "crisis" (i/e don't order a bunch of extra spare parts to keep the boat afloat). Yet they are paying everybody a days wage to attend a class. Seems to me it would have been more cost efficient to send out an e-mail to the fleet and have each of us acknowledge receipt.

Seems like an email would have sufficed.

Uh, dear guys, please buy spare parts wisely. During these questionable economic times, we'd rather spend our money on paychecks than on a floating warehouse.

You have my permission to use this

Top Bottom