Smart and Safe Cars!

Vaquero

San Saba Songbird
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
So, why ain't all this standard on motorcycles?

GoPappy

Well-Known
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
I’m looking at buying my wife a new vehicle in The near future. With each passing model year it’s getting harder and harder to buy a car without all the nanny features, especially if you want one in one of the upper trim levels. I hate it, but that’s the way it is.

One absolute non-negotiable requirement for me is KNOBS for radio volume and tuning. Also, I require separate controls for the air conditioning system (NOT some touch screen nonsense).

Why do they put all these safety features on a car and then make you take your eyes off the road to fiddle with a touch screen to perform basic functions that should have separate tactile controls?!?!

GoPappy

Well-Known
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Oh, and how about Subaru’s “eyesight” system that requires you to take your eyes off the road to read a screen that tells you to keep your eyes on the road?!?! Seriously. :facepalm: :banghead::confused:

popsgarland

Aug 24, 2011
DFW area
So, why ain't all this standard on motorcycles?

I hope you said this in jest, but.......

Not to long ago there was talk about mandatory seat belts on motorcycles. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I've been riding a Harley since 1967 and have never had a reason to have a seat belt.

popsgarland

Aug 24, 2011
DFW area
All I know is that I absolutely love my backup camera. I can backup to my trailer perfectly aligned ball and hitch first try, without having to get out, walk back and look, get back in and repeat half a dozen times.

i use my back up camera for the same reason. But, I'm backing up to my trailer not going forward on a busy road.

Axxe55

TGT Addict
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....
I hope you said this in jest, but.......

Not to long ago there was talk about mandatory seat belts on motorcycles. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I've been riding a Harley since 1967 and have never had a reason to have a seat belt.
I can guarantee you I don't want no seatbelts on a motorcycle!

Axxe55

TGT Addict
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....
There ain’t been enough ranting in the rants lately.
Todd, are you challenging me to rant more?

rant 01.jpeg

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members