Smart and Safe Cars!

Vaquero

San Saba Songbird
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
So, why ain't all this standard on motorcycles?

GoPappy

Well-Known
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
I’m looking at buying my wife a new vehicle in The near future. With each passing model year it’s getting harder and harder to buy a car without all the nanny features, especially if you want one in one of the upper trim levels. I hate it, but that’s the way it is.

One absolute non-negotiable requirement for me is KNOBS for radio volume and tuning. Also, I require separate controls for the air conditioning system (NOT some touch screen nonsense).

Why do they put all these safety features on a car and then make you take your eyes off the road to fiddle with a touch screen to perform basic functions that should have separate tactile controls?!?!

GoPappy

Well-Known
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Oh, and how about Subaru’s “eyesight” system that requires you to take your eyes off the road to read a screen that tells you to keep your eyes on the road?!?! Seriously. :facepalm: :banghead::confused:

popsgarland

Aug 24, 2011
DFW area
So, why ain't all this standard on motorcycles?

I hope you said this in jest, but.......

Not to long ago there was talk about mandatory seat belts on motorcycles. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I've been riding a Harley since 1967 and have never had a reason to have a seat belt.

popsgarland

Aug 24, 2011
DFW area
All I know is that I absolutely love my backup camera. I can backup to my trailer perfectly aligned ball and hitch first try, without having to get out, walk back and look, get back in and repeat half a dozen times.

i use my back up camera for the same reason. But, I'm backing up to my trailer not going forward on a busy road.

Axxe55

TGT Addict
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....
I hope you said this in jest, but.......

Not to long ago there was talk about mandatory seat belts on motorcycles. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I've been riding a Harley since 1967 and have never had a reason to have a seat belt.
I can guarantee you I don't want no seatbelts on a motorcycle!

Axxe55

TGT Addict
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....
There ain’t been enough ranting in the rants lately.
Todd, are you challenging me to rant more?

rant 01.jpeg

Top Bottom