• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I’m looking at buying my wife a new vehicle in The near future. With each passing model year it’s getting harder and harder to buy a car without all the nanny features, especially if you want one in one of the upper trim levels. I hate it, but that’s the way it is.

One absolute non-negotiable requirement for me is KNOBS for radio volume and tuning. Also, I require separate controls for the air conditioning system (NOT some touch screen nonsense).

Why do they put all these safety features on a car and then make you take your eyes off the road to fiddle with a touch screen to perform basic functions that should have separate tactile controls?!?!

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Oh, and how about Subaru’s “eyesight” system that requires you to take your eyes off the road to read a screen that tells you to keep your eyes on the road?!?! Seriously. :facepalm: :banghead::confused:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    So, why ain't all this standard on motorcycles?

I hope you said this in jest, but.......

Not to long ago there was talk about mandatory seat belts on motorcycles. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I've been riding a Harley since 1967 and have never had a reason to have a seat belt.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    All I know is that I absolutely love my backup camera. I can backup to my trailer perfectly aligned ball and hitch first try, without having to get out, walk back and look, get back in and repeat half a dozen times.

i use my back up camera for the same reason. But, I'm backing up to my trailer not going forward on a busy road.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    There ain’t been enough ranting in the rants lately.

Todd, are you challenging me to rant more?

rant 01.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Turn it around. Alot of those phucktards on the road with me and my loved ones need all the help they can get to keep me safe.

And keep me from permanently implanting their cellphone in their ars.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Sorry you don't like the statement, but it won't impact my net worth or my intelligence either way. I like to think I do well enough for myself and my family, thanks.

The more crutches, the worse the driver. People begin to rely on the car's "ability" to save them from themselves and their poor driving ability - or desire to drive. What's that song, Siri take the wheel? If you don't want to drive, take the bus.

At the very least, separate the freeway lanes by a skills-based driver's license. If you're a scared commuter, you stay in the right lane with your nannies and be electronically limited to posted limits. Test into the top tier license, you can run up to the limits of your vehicle and your ability in the left lane. Wreck in the right lane, or get caught driving in the left lane with the commuter tier? Limited to the bus for the next 5 years.
    And I am sure you never use cruise control. Your nickname seems to be a misnomer.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Oh, the number one killer of teens is texting and driving.

I'd say the No 1 killer of most driver's is just plain ole STUPIDITY! In the 35 years that I drove 18 wheeler's, I've seen it all. And in the end, It all comes down to driver's doing stupid things behind the wheel instead of driving their vehicle's.

Our Government / NHTSA and the Insurance companies are just making people dumber by mandating all these electronic nannies in vehicle's. The more stuff that takes control over what driver's should be doing in the first place,the less driver's pay attention to what they're doing behind the wheel.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Imho, driving while distracted by talking on a cell phone is no different than drinking and driving.

I'm not saying we need new laws as there are already laws against such things. They need to be aggressively enforced.

I almost got ran over by some phucking kid on a cell phone. There was a police officer in the left lane behind a disabled car so I slowed down and moved over a half a lane as that's all the room I had. That stupid phuck didnt notice the situation or that i moved over till i started moving back and he floored it attempting to pass me. He bounced of the median and forced his way thru.

He did the usual flipping me off clueless as to the laws he broke or the situation he created.

Thank god i mellowed in my old age.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Won't be long and we'll be back to measuring distance traveled in MPD vs MPH. Just like in the good o'l days. Feed the engine hay instead of gasoline.

Top Bottom