• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Hey all,

I'm swapping a set screw gas block to a pinned Geissele gas block. Can anyone recommend a smith/armorer in San Antonio that can do the work for a fair price?

If I can't find someone I'll be ordering the jigs and doing it myself.

Thanks much.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    For the price of the block. Then having to drill two dimples for the set screws. Requiring a couple of very specific drill bits. Cost of a pin driving jig.

I'd seriously go with another style of gas block and send that over engineered Geissele block back.

The installation instructions are a download.

https://geissele.com/super-gas-block-nitride.html

For the trouble and cost. You could buy about 5 regular gas blocks. I'm not seeing how the extra steps and design of the Geissele block being worth it.

Here's a 3 minute video of it being installed.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    I appreciate the response. The gas block came with my hand guard. I have a few other gas blocks on hand. The real downside to the Geissele gas block is the massive roll pin...

That said, I choose to have my barrels dimpled, my gas blocks pinned, or both. The pistol barrel I have on hand is not dimpled or pinned. All of which will take approximately the same amount of work and tooling regardless of which gas block I wind up using.

So... ignoring the type of block... do you know a decent shop to do the work?

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Barrel doesn't even have one dimple? I bought a jig the other year and have been happy with it as I had several gas blocks to install. Now ice switched to clamp on and don't worry about it though.

I dimpled mine with a cordless drill and it wasn't the fastest thing but did work.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Not even one dimple. Aero precision pistol. Had a buddy tell me to check it. Honestly if it had one dimple I would have probably have thrown some loctite on it and moved on.

I figure if I have to get work done or do it myself I'll pin it as well.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Not sure what side of town you are on but if you go north down 281 to 1863 and then use the 4 way stop to back south on the entry ramp is a local gun store Armed in America. They can help you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Not sure what side of town you are on but if you go north down 281 to 1863 and then use the 4 way stop to back south on the entry ramp is a local gun store Armed in America. They can help you.

Thanks.

I just ordered a dimple jig. I figure if I do 2-3 builds for people I'll use it plus factoring in the time cost of running around... I can dimple the barrel in 5 minutes and be done with it.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    I still may buy a regular taper pin jig but at least a single dimple will make it more secure.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Thanks.

I just ordered a dimple jig. I figure if I do 2-3 builds for people I'll use it plus factoring in the time cost of running around... I can dimple the barrel in 5 minutes and be done with it.
    You're welcome. Best of luck with your own jig.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    587E1632-3186-4044-AC5C-3B6973E3AB4A.jpeg Took me less than 15 minutes using the KAk jig. If anyone needs to dimple a barrel hit me up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom