• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I would like some opinions on this weapon.

Just bought it at Academy yesterday on sale for $299.99 with $50.00 rebate or two spare mags. I priced the mags at $41.00 each, so I opted for the mags.

I think the sale runs through today.
    Military Camp

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I've got the 9ve. I like it. Seems like they get a bad rap because of the early models. Never had a problem with mine. Fires every single time I pull the trigger. No jams nothing. Trigger pull is a little heavy for some, but you get used to it. I'd buy it again without hesitation.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I've got the 9ve. I like it. Seems like they get a bad rap because of the early models. Never had a problem with mine. Fires every single time I pull the trigger. No jams nothing. Trigger pull is a little heavy for some, but you get used to it. I'd buy it again without hesitation.
    That about sums it up.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Your "safety" is the trigger, per say. It's a 2 piece trigger that has to be pressed right in order to fire. If you pull only on the upper portion, there's a tang that catches and won't let the trigger fully depress.

And the whole thing behind "no safety" "no hammer" ... Glocks have been having that go on for a while and people buy them all the time.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The two things I don't like is the no safety and no hammer, that will take some getting used to.

The thing is, if you are a safe shooter, then you will be safe with this gun. All the gun will do is make you a safer shooter because you will rely upon the golden rules rather than physical safeties. Most Glock owners, myself included, know to stay out of the trigger guard.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Very glock like, even shares some parts with Glock... the first generation wasn't so hot but the newer ones are a darn good gun for a heck of a price!... I own 3 now, sold 1.. but they are my "House" guns placed around for easy access incase of emergency. 1 is also in my Bug out bag

Mine have been bullet proof through thousands of rounds... the trigger cleans up nicely and there is a free trigger job on Youtube that works very well... if the trigger REALLY bothers you, Smith and wesson will do a job on it for free and send it back to you within a week turn around. But 1 of mine was done through SW one was by me... the feel identical.

JOe

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    For the price, it's a good gun. I wouldn't use it in competition shooting, due to their "famous trigger". I had one of the early ones and had it for 12 years. Put several thousands of rounds through it and never jammed nor had any issues with it. I would get another one if I were to have it as a back up or where it possibly could get stolen.

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    I have owned one for ten years now. Had some trouble when I first purchased it, after a trip to a gunsmith it was fine. I would not buy another one, but I will keep the one I've got.

Tslepebull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Tyler
    As far as the trigger goes, if you have any experience firing a double action revolver it will feel very familiar to you. For a CHL or bedroom gun the trigger is perfect -- it willl take deliberate action to fire it.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Your "safety" is the trigger, per say. It's a 2 piece trigger that has to be pressed right in order to fire. If you pull only on the upper portion, there's a tang that catches and won't let the trigger fully depress.

And the whole thing behind "no safety" "no hammer" ... Glocks have been having that go on for a while and people buy them all the time.

You've all missed the true safety feature of this type weapon....
    the fact that it is double action only. This pistol, like Glock and S&W M&P series, is not fully cocked, regardless of how many times you rack the slide. Pressing the trigger completes the cocking and subsequent release of the striker. In simpler terms, consider this type action like a slingshot. If you don't pull it back, it's useless. Furthermore, it has a firing pin (striker) block, which is only disengaged by pulling the trigger. Pressing the trigger raises the block AND draws back on the striker, until the point that the striker is released to do it's job. Ever seen a safety on a double action revolver?
    Bottom line is: keep your finger off the trigger and it CAN"T fire. There is no need for a mechanical safety.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    A safety never made a shooter any safer.

A safe shooter is safe. An unsafe shooter is still unsafe.

Top Bottom