• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wow, I've only seen this kind of stuff from the Soviets, and even then it was intended for assassins, not for any kind of military use.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That was very interesting. Thanks for sharing it!

Please excuse the following detour............ I share it as a sign of respect to a unique Veteran from Nam.

I have known two tunnel rats from Viet Nam. Both were crazy SOB's and the only people I've known remotely like them were Crop Dusters. The guys were absolutely unique!

Hank was the guy I knew best. He went in the tunnels with a .45 1911 and cleaned them out. A tunnel occupant didn't see it his way and stabbed Hank in the hand with a bayonet. The blade exited his wrist. It left a pretty impressive scar. The .45 finished the discussion.

Hank worked on a crew I ran in Tulsa. He lived in a pickup camper with his dog and traveled all around the country living and working. I asked him once if he could live anywhere in the nation, where would he live? Corvallis Oregon was his answer. Incidentally, I took a motorcycle trip to Corvallis to check it out. It rained too much for me otherwise I would have pulled up and moved.

Hank rolled his truck and was paralyzed. Yes, he drank a bit and it probably caught up with him. We corresponded for a long time until he quit answering. I knew what that meant. Hank.....where ever you are.....It was a gas knowing you! You were one crazy SOB!

Flash

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    That was very interesting. Thanks for sharing it!

Please excuse the following detour.......... the only people I've known remotely like them were Crop Dusters.
    I was the FBO\Lineman at a small airport for a while. Just wanted to add here the crop dusters were the craziest folks I've ever met. Several would land and take off on the tarmac near the gas pumps ignoring the runway.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It was not good to be a small guy in the army during Vietnam. There are no doubt some really sucky jobs in the military, but not many are worse than tunnel rat.

Top Bottom