• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasPatriot1916

Active-Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    Dallas
    What Do you Gents Prefer Smoked or Non Smoked meats ? Smoked Brisket or Grilled Brisket ?
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• 20160802-barbecue-chuck-12-1500x1125.jpg
      20160802-barbecue-chuck-12-1500x1125.jpg
      382.6 KB · Views: 141
    • brisket_grill.jpg
      brisket_grill.jpg
      915.6 KB · Views: 162

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    You’re not from around here, are you?

I’ve never had grilled brisket, but I’ve had brisket that’s been smoked at too high a temp and it was tough as shoe leather.

I’d hazard to guess doing one at grilling temps (not smoking temps in a grill) would be inedible.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I use a grill, but since it spends hours on the grill it is closer to smoked. Sear with the fat side down for 30 minutes to an hour, then some hours on a very slow fire with the meat side down. Great smoked flavor.

Finish sealed in foil with some water to tenderize.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    You’re not from around here, are you?

I’ve never had grilled brisket, but I’ve had brisket that’s been smoked at too high a temp and it was tough as shoe leather.

I saw a neighbor out yesterday with two of those cheap $20 Walmart charcoal grills and I swear he was turning a brisket.

Smoker - whole chicken, brisket, turkey, ham, ribs, fish, sausage and other misc meat.
    Grill - chicken parts, burgers, steak, chops, fish, sausage, hot dogs, individual rib pieces to fill space

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Well depends on the definition for grilling. The bohunks in S. Texas are experts at slow direct grilling over mesquite coal using big direct cooking pits usually made out of big wore out butane tanks. That is some stuff to die for. Now some yankee clowning around with a Walmart grill using Kingsford briquettes in the backyard aint gonna cut it. An offset creosote facotry stick burner would be better than that.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Mesquite smoked.

Now this should be the discussion. "What kind of wood do you use on your brisket?"

I use a base of oak, but like to use pecan and mesquite for flavor. All mesquite was a bit too much IMO, and it was harder to control the temp, but adding mesquite to the oak was near perfection, and I also like the flavor adding a little green pecan.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    No doubt in my mind brisket needs to be smoked, and many other meats are great smoked, but after my many trips to Hawaii I'm sold on Kalua pig.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    As long as it is hardwood, just about any will do. I prefer Pecan with some Cherry, Peach, or Apple thrown in. Nothing that has pitch in it. That's a big no-no.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As long as it is hardwood, just about any will do. I prefer Pecan with some Cherry, Peach, or Apple thrown in. Nothing that has pitch in it. That's a big no-no.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Do you have to eat it with a pitch fork?

Top Bottom