Smokers?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by wildcat, Jan 30, 2009.

1. wildcat

wildcat Member

May 3, 2008
    Noticed lately my winston and marlboro cigarettes have tobacco in them like a third world product. Chunks of items, some no burn---is china--like everything else---making these?

2. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Couldn't tell you anything about the tobacco in them as I haven't noticed anything different, but I've heard that marlboro changed their paper to some kind of self-extinguishing type that if left alone too long will simply go out instead of burning to the filter. I have noticed them burning differently is the only reason I mention it.

3. Once you no longer enjoy it, it's time to quit.:smoker:

4. accordingtoome

accordingtoome Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    ya man.. i have a lot of USEful tips on quiting smoking. PM me if interested.

5. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    And it'll likely that after April 1st when taxes spike up on tobacco, it'll be even easier to quit. Me, I'm stocking a new, larger 2nd humidor that should keep me good for a while. :texas:

6. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    About a year ago I got tired of paying $5 or $6 for a pack and sucking up all the chemicals they add to the tobacco and started injecting my own. I buy real tobacco. Not that reconstituted stuff the cig companies call tobacco. I tried about a dozen different varieties of tobacco and a bunch of different filtered tubes and got a Topomatic machine. I can make a pack in about two minutes and they taste better than Marlboro Lights and they're about $1 per pack. The machine pays for itself in savings in the first carton. You'll have to get a little can to put them in and a case that will hold 10 - 15 if you go out. My wife hasn't had a sinus headache since we started making our own because we're off the chem sticks that Marlboro calls cigarettes. I order 10 lbs at a time for about $110 from a place in Pencilvaneya ;) and the tubes are $1.99 per carton.

Sometimes I have a few made with Bali Shag Halvesware in the blue can in Vera Cruz Elegante tubes. A Dutch blend. Kinda strong but very aromatic and tasty. You'll either love it or hate it. Bali Shag in the Red can is the American blend and it's 100 times smoother and better tasting than Marlboro and still a lot cheaper. 90% of the time I smoke the house blend from Penn. It tastes good and it's cheap.

Here's a website with a ton of info about making your own. Roll Your Own Magazine, RYO, The Magazine of Roll Your Own Cigarettes, Tobacco and Product Reviews, Smoking Issues, SCHIP revealed, TopOMatic, Balkan Prospect Turkish and Oriental Tobacco, Winter/Spring 2008, EXP 1000 Injector, D&R Tobacco, RYO Tobac There's a few videos that will help get you started too.

Just takes some getting used to. The good thing is that I smoke a lot less of these because they have more nicotine than commercial cigs. The cig companies reduce the amount of nicotine to get you to buy more and it's not the nicotine that causes cancer. So, more nic kick = less smoking. You pick the tobacco and tubes = more enjoyment. Non-smokers won't understand this enjoyment thing.

Well, that's all I have to say about that. ;)

7. A new Texas law requires that all commercial cigarettes be self-extunguishing (they'll go out if you don't keep sucking them) by 2010, I believe.

Most of the manufacturers are already compliant. I'd like to think they did this by eliminating pottasium nitrate and other additives, but have no faith that that's what they did.

This is expected to cut down on deaths from fires due to smoking in bed:eek: (a very serious offense in the armed forces), and other negligent acts.

Once again, our Government acts to protect us from ourselves...:mad0079:

8. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    That's why I make my own. Makes it easier to quit too.

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    HAhahahhaha... I was just thinking this: "Why don't they have reloading for cigarettes?"

10. Leper

Leper Active Member

Sep 28, 2008

Hey man, send me a few cigs to try it out. I may just start making my own too.