• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Freaking idiots... and I am not referring to the military. They could have used better judgement, but this brings back some memories. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton from 1998-2006. Prior to 9/11 it was a regular event to see editorials in the papers and hear the occasional story on the news as well as the occasional protest outside the gates. Most of these were dealing with noise generated by training activities, for example helicopter flight paths and artillery exercises. This installation has been in existance since 1942, and I am willing to bet most of these idiots protesting knew full well and good where they were buying a house. What is really interesting/annoying is that shortly after 9/11 these same idiots were praising the "sounds of freedom". This is right up there with the morons that live in a high dollar neighborhood up the street complaining about the noise from the private airfield close to the house. The neighborhood has been there for maybe 6 years I believe, the airport has been there since 1963.....

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Freaking idiots... and I am not referring to the military. They could have used better judgement, but this brings back some memories. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton from 1998-2006. Prior to 9/11 it was a regular event to see editorials in the papers and hear the occasional story on the news as well as the occasional protest outside the gates. Most of these were dealing with noise generated by training activities, for example helicopter flight paths and artillery exercises. This installation has been in existance since 1942, and I am willing to bet most of these idiots protesting knew full well and good where they were buying a house. What is really interesting/annoying is that shortly after 9/11 these same idiots were praising the "sounds of freedom". This is right up there with the morons that live in a high dollar neighborhood up the street complaining about the noise from the private airfield close to the house. The neighborhood has been there for maybe 6 years I believe, the airport has been there since 1963.....

I think that most people see national defense as some kind of abstract concept. As soon as it disrupts their shopping mall experience they'll let ya know (although I may have to bitch a little if they burned down large swaths of my country :)

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    The Frenchies did more damage with a tracer round on accident in a training exercise, than they have ever done in a war on purpose!

The French Foreign Legion doesn't f#$* around, they are nothing like the rest of the French Army. If the U.S. was ever to be invaded the Foreign Legion is one of the last foreign unit's you would want coming through your neighborhood. They are made up of the entire world's crazies, rapists, murderers, and general low-lifes looking for a new identity to stay out of jail wherever they came from. Look up some of the battles they have been involved in, The Battle of Camaron would be a good one to start with.

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Ya know they would be a pretty cool group if they just removed the word French from their name, dimissed all French officers and attacked France. Hmmm, I may just fill that out in my suggestion card...

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    The Frenchies did more damage with a tracer round on accident in a training exercise, than they have ever done in a war on purpose!

I'm sure the poilus who died at the Marne, Verdun, and hundreds of other places in the hundreds of thousands would appreciate your joke.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ya know they would be a pretty cool group if they just removed the word French from their name, dimissed all French officers and attacked France. Hmmm, I may just fill that out in my suggestion card...

Why do you think the Officer Corps is French? To prevent the Legion from taking over the entire country!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom