• 1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Well its a good thing 1 python in a restroom has nothing to do with that.

That is how it got started. People turning loose their PETS in the swamp.
    Each female can have hundreds of eggs at a time.
    They breed like illegals and hogs.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    How can you know?

Story said it was a "Ball Python", and Florida has a serious issue with "Burmese Pythons", but still, a loose, non-native snake is a serious issue if it finds a 'mate'.

I know there ar folks here who are like snakes. Fine by me...as long as they are controlled. I see a python in my home or yard other than a native grass snake or other non-venomous native, from one will be two...when it gets chopped in half.

Years ago, when I was still in the AF on active duty, one guy I worked near used to bring his boa into work. He kept it in his desk and in a bag. He used to take it out and walk up to folks and mess with them. He did that to one guy I was stationed with and the guy told him if he ever brought the snake near him again, he'd be out one snake.

Couple weeks later, the guy had the snake and walked up behind the guy who'd warned him and touched the snake to his back. Big mistake...when the other guy turned around and saw the snake in front of him, he grabbed his pocket knife (Buck folder), grabbed the snake by the head, pulled it towards him, and in a wink, slit the snake halfway through about 6 inches below his head!

Snake-boy froze until someone yelled at him to get the bleeding critter outside. I thought they were gonna fight, and it would have been fun to watch, but our NCOIC came running and stopped the fight. Probably a good thing as snake boy had done that crap to too many people and had few allies in this fight.

In my experience, most folks don't like snakes, for whatever reason. I am agnostic to small harmless ones, but venomous or constrictors, I have no time for them and I'll gladly kill them without remorse.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    A friend used to work dispatch for a East Texas county Sheriff's department. They used to get several calls a month from people driving down the Interstate who wanted a deputy to come out and change a flat tire. Department would send someone out. Friend quit after a few months and said if he wanted to do that he would work for AAA.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I don’t know about that…pythons are wrecking the Everglades ecosystem.

It depends. We have a ball python which won't get much bigger than 5 feet..

The one's you're talking about are burmese pythons, they can grow... well... very large.

"The record for maximum length of Burmese pythons is held by a female that lived at Serpent Safari for 27 years. Shortly after death, her actual length was determined to be 5.74 m (18 ft 10 in)"

Top Bottom