• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    So this isn’t about who you call…it’s about the clueless “Facebook Generation”!

Cliff notes, young lady moves into an apartment in Orlando and after a month finds a 4 ft python in her bathroom (sexual innuendo and toilet bowl jokes aside) and freaks. So instead of calling the landlord, 911, or some local guy who has a sack, she immediately goes to Facebook and asks what to do.

Am I the only one who thinks that response is both pathetic and scary that young adults are so helplessly naive?

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    So this isn’t about who you call…it’s about the clueless “Facebook Generation”!

Cliff notes, young lady moves into an apartment in Orlando and after a month finds a 4 ft python in her bathroom (sexual innuendo and toilet bowl jokes aside) and freaks. So instead of calling the landlord, 911, or some local guy who has a sack, she immediately goes to Facebook and asks what to do.

Am I the only one who thinks that response is both pathetic and scary that young adults are so helplessly naive?
    Nope...I've been called to get hair out of a tub drain, unstop a plugged toilet because they didn't have a plunger, and to reset a breaker for an AC...after he told me he'd done it according to detailed instructions...I told him (end of day) if I made the trip 45 mins each way in traffic, I'd charge him a service call. Not a lot of children these days grow up at mom and dad's shoulder, learning the common sense things we did. My wife at 29 couldn't cook...her mom had worked all her life, not taught a daughter to be a wife. My dad died when I was almost 14...I've learned most things the hard way.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I had a rat snake in the toilet once and nothing I did would coax it out. Never fully in the bowl, and settled inside the toilet drain. Tried bleach, various cleaners and even muriatic acid and it would not budge. Ended up taking the toilet out of the bathroom and in to the yard. Poured gasoline down it, and wow did that snake move. Never knew they could move so fast

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    A 4’ python poses zero threat. So I wouldn’t call anyone. I would just own a python.
    That's a nice thought if you know it's a Ball Python and not a venomous snake. My guess is most people would not have a clue as to whether or not it was dangerous. Then again, have you ever been bitten by a four foot ball pysthon? I have (well maybe it was a few inches longer) and I can say without a doubt, their teeth do hurt when they tear flesh. I know one guy who has his nose pretty badly bitten by a ball python because he thought the same thing - that the potential for any danger from it was zero. Mine was not a terrible wound by anyone's imagination (the other guy's not quite as superficial) but some balls will bite instead of living up to their common name and balling up. Well, that would be living up to one of their common names, the other I know of is Royal Python and there may be more common names, their scientific name is Python regius. They do make excellent pets for those who take the time and make the effort to care for them properly.

...So rather than close the door and separate herself from this perceived "threat", she decides to whip out the camera on her phone for some instant online attention.

Whipping out her camera and taking a shot was in fact a very good idea, albeit I think she sent it to the wrong folks. Any dweeb can tell you anything on FB (unless it is something conservative). If the snake had disappeared while she was getting help from the correct experts, like LE or one of the snake removal companies (aka: pest removal) that abound in FL, she would have been able to provide them with a photograph which would possibly have allowed them to identify the species and thus to have made an assessment as to the potential for danger before trying to capture it. Would they have identified it as venomous, they may have told her to vacate the premises until they arrived.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find a python in my bathroom all the time
    1627966625294.gif

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Ball Python. One of the oddball designer color morphs. Someone is pretty aggravated about losing that snake and whoever removed it is pretty happy.

Top Bottom