• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Looked for some but the stores here don't carry .22WMR shot shells for some reason

ETA: and a question Why does no one make rat shot for .380? If they do I haven't found it
    Guns International

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Looked for some but the stores here don't carry .22WMR shot shells for some reason

ETA: and a question Why does no one make rat shot for .380? If they do I haven't found it

Whistler,

LOADING your own rat shot isn't hard. = BUY the rat shot capsules (the same size as 9x19mm) & put them together quickly.

yours, satx

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Whistler,

LOADING your own rat shot isn't hard. = BUY the rat shot capsules (the same size as 9x19mm) & put them together quickly.

yours, satx

Cool I didn't know they made capsules. I reload shotgun shells also but never thought to look for such a thing.

Only reason I ask is I have a RM380 that fits in the pocket of anything I wear. Convenient for a quick trip out to the shop.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Cool I didn't know they made capsules. I reload shotgun shells also but never thought to look for such a thing.

Only reason I ask is I have a RM380 that fits in the pocket of anything I wear. Convenient for a quick trip out to the shop.

histler,

FYI, I just called & got off the phone with Ed, my brother of the heart, who has forgotten more than I know about reloading.

Ed said that NOBODY makes a shot capsule anymore that is suitable for .380ACP. = As in a company "once upon a time" DID but NO more.

Sounds like the FAST smokeless powder, cardboard wad, #11 shot, over-wad, crimp & fingernail polish is the BEST idea in that caliber, for "legless invaders".

yours, satx

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    histler,

FYI, I just called & got off the phone with Ed, my brother of the heart, who has forgotten more than I know about reloading.

Ed said that NOBODY makes a shot capsule anymore that is suitable for .380ACP. = As in a company "once upon a time" DID but NO more.

Sounds like the FAST smokeless powder, cardboard wad, #11 shot, over-wad, crimp & fingernail polish is the BEST idea in that caliber, for "legless invaders".

yours, satx

Thank you very much for taking the time to check into this for me and skfullen for the recipe. I'll definitely give it a 'shot' and will let you know

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Thank you very much for taking the time to check into this for me and skfullen for the recipe. I'll definitely give it a 'shot' and will let you know

Whistler,

Ed also said (as an afterthought) that, "IF he knows a veterinarian, perhaps he can get some EMPTY gel capsules of a suitable diameter from the vet clinic & load the capsules with small shot."

Fyi, "Little Brother Ed" is my "go to guy" for odd reloading questions. = IF there is a solution, he can come up with it. = For example, he came up with a "small game load" in .30-06 for my US Rifle, Model of 1917, that is PURE DEATH on squirrels, possums, 'dillos, skunks, bunnies & other similar sized critters AND that "shoots to the sights" (set at 300 yards). - It spoils almost no edible meat or the pelt.

yours, satx

Last edited:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I will predict the "wad-shot-wad" will serve better than a capsule. I've loaded the 9mm shot only to have the capsule break and all the shot roll out the barrel when I closed the slide.
    And neither style will cycle a semi-auto with regularity.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SK Fullen,

FYI, the ONLY shot loads that I've ever used were #11 shot-shells for .357MAX, in a long-barreled single-shot pistol.

yours, satx

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    These guys hunting pythons in Florida should be using guns not their hands. They don't have to be alive for the bounty and they just kill them anyways. I guess they get additional money from the parts.
    I know a guy down there who was going to go out to try his luck hunting pythons for the bounty. He said he was afraid to do so because of the high number of yahoos with guns and no gun sense.

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    I'll add that .32 S&w long makes a great pocket pistol. H&R and S&W both made them. Highly underrated.
    I have a little Colt Cobra in .32 S&W long. Nost of the ammo I find for it are wadcutters. Was wondering what to dig with it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom