Snubby revolver ONLY training class

Discussion in 'Training & Competition' started by fm2, Mar 3, 2009.

1. fm2

fm2 Event Coordinator

Apr 27, 2008
    I've been interested in taking a snub nosed revolver specific training class. The small revolver is easy to carry, light weight, and effective. It does take a little effort and some specific skills to maximize it's potential.

Here's the course outline for the Snubby class I'm working on. Let's get off the couch and learn some skills. Sound off if you are interested or have any questions.

2. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    Back when I cared about training, I used to qualify with my snubby every year. They had a special course for off duties. I'd fire the primary carry course just for grins. I could get everything down except for one course where you had something like 8 seconds to fire 12 rounds. Easy for a semi or six shooter, but required 2 reloads for a snubby. I got better but always came in with the last 2 rounds after the whistle. Even without the score for those rounds I still qualified via the total score.
    I can't speak for other states but Texas has such an easy course for concealed carry that anybody could qualify with a snubby. (But then you are restricted to revolver only carry.)

3. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd be interested of course, though I don't have a snub nose yet, plus my schedule is sort of up in the air at the moment. If you set something up Ferrell, I will do my best to try and work it in.

4. fm2

fm2 Event Coordinator

Apr 27, 2008
    I'm thinking about Sept. or Aug. for the class date.

Here's a video of the Instructor shooting the j-frame at 2/3 IPSC steel target 25yds away.

Snub Nose Revolver

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Nice shooting.

6. Indy5000

Indy5000 New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I'd be interested in this course. I carry a snubby everyday and would like to increase my skills in a more formal environment.

7. Briklynd

Briklynd New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    I dont know where your thinking of holding the course but I definitely would attend one in the houston area probably would attend it anywhere within reason but houston is my first choice.

8. fm2

fm2 Event Coordinator

Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks for all the positive response!:texas:

Impactzone range is the most likely place. The cost will probably be less than $200. We are also trying to work in some low light or no light/flashlight shooting.

The wheels are working, so watch this thread. I am still working on dates etc...