• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've been interested in taking a snub nosed revolver specific training class. The small revolver is easy to carry, light weight, and effective. It does take a little effort and some specific skills to maximize it's potential.

Here's the course outline for the Snubby class I'm working on. Let's get off the couch and learn some skills. Sound off if you are interested or have any questions.

Snub Nose Revolver Skills Development Course
    This is a one-day skill building class for 5 shot snub revolvers. It emphasizes marksmanship development, gunhandling, and carry techniques.
    Learning objectives for the class:
    Make hits with the snub, not just noise,
    reload the revolver efficiently and with confidence,
    carry the revolver in a low profile way and practice deploying it,
    shoot a state recognized Concealed Carry qualification course, and
    learn appropriate practice techniques and drills to keep your skills up after the class is over.
    Attendees will receive a training certificate sufficient for obtaining a Florida Non-Resident Concealed Weapon or Firearm License.
    Equipment requirements: Eye and ear protection, revolver with belt holster, at least one speedloader. Optional but encouraged: Given the usual environments we carry snubs in, wear old business casual type clothing that you don't mind getting dirty/torn. Such personal comfort items as you feel you will need, e.g., hat, sunscreen, etc. I will provide water at the range.
    Ammo requirements: 150 rounds of practice ammo; Wal-Mart White Box is fine, not +p defense ammunition. In addition, bring 10 rounds of the ammunition you keep for self defense purposes.
    Capitol Armory ad

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Back when I cared about training, I used to qualify with my snubby every year. They had a special course for off duties. I'd fire the primary carry course just for grins. I could get everything down except for one course where you had something like 8 seconds to fire 12 rounds. Easy for a semi or six shooter, but required 2 reloads for a snubby. I got better but always came in with the last 2 rounds after the whistle. Even without the score for those rounds I still qualified via the total score.
    I can't speak for other states but Texas has such an easy course for concealed carry that anybody could qualify with a snubby. (But then you are restricted to revolver only carry.)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd be interested of course, though I don't have a snub nose yet, plus my schedule is sort of up in the air at the moment. If you set something up Ferrell, I will do my best to try and work it in.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm thinking about Sept. or Aug. for the class date.

Here's a video of the Instructor shooting the j-frame at 2/3 IPSC steel target 25yds away.

Snub Nose Revolver

Indy5000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    I'd be interested in this course. I carry a snubby everyday and would like to increase my skills in a more formal environment.

Briklynd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    I dont know where your thinking of holding the course but I definitely would attend one in the houston area probably would attend it anywhere within reason but houston is my first choice.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks for all the positive response!

Impactzone range is the most likely place. The cost will probably be less than $200. We are also trying to work in some low light or no light/flashlight shooting.

The wheels are working, so watch this thread. I am still working on dates etc...

Top Bottom