ARJ Defense ad

so a Walmart manager just came to my door.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I was home for lunch and some guy comes to the door. I go over and he intorduced himself as a manger of the walmart and this visit was about a gun purchase

he had his name badge on so he was official...

OK, I;m listening.....

he said that the gun purchase I did last month, the woman didn't write in my LTC number on the 4473 and they had done a self audit and found it. I remember her taking the DL and CHL and she kept them behind the counter for 5 minutes and they had a manager check all of her work before they walked me out with it...
    he had the 4473 that I filled out in his hands

I remember they ask me for my phone number and I told them no and they tried to say they had to have it and I said to show me on the 4473 where the space is for the buyers phone number....
    anyway, since they didn't have my number they just sent a manager to my house to get the permit number and they were nice enough to hand me a $20 gift card for the trouble....

he got the number copied down and was gone i 4 minutes

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I'm not entirely sure how I would have reacted in that same scenario. My first reaction would probably be something on the order of "too bad, so sad" and closed the door. I do not like 4473s and avoid them at all costs, whenever possible. I simply do not believe that BATFE doesn't have a warehouse full of those completed forms somewhere, legal or not.

I guess a $20 gift card for their screw-up isn't too bad.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Seems strange to me that Wal Mart would do that. I think they should have sent you a letter asking you to come in to verify their information. I don't think I would have let the guy in my house. 'Maybe just inform him that I would come to the store at a later date. It just seems extremely unusual to me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Probably didn't want to rely on him coming in to fix it. That would have been a MAJOR issue for them in a BATFE audit, or even for the manager in a corporate audit.

He was covering his ass.

Sent from my HAL 9000

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I would not have just given it to him. I wouldn't mind going back to the store to confirm however. Mistakes happen and this could easily be something some hard working slob might get fired over.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    To clarify he never came in my house
    Nowhere did I even say that

Secondly he was very nice and apologetic and I did get the sense someone was going to get their ass ate out over this

Why not help him?
    I see no reason to be anything but nice back to him

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Secondly he was very nice and apologetic and I did get the sense someone was going to get their ass ate out over this

Why not help him?
    I see no reason to be anything but nice back to him r

Exactly. Now unless I knew this manager I myself would have gone back to the store (don't give out private info), but I would have done so for the reasons you noted. I think we've all been in their shoes at one time or another.

I'd have asked for two bricks of .22lr instead of a the gift card though. Daddy always needs him some .22lr for his boomstick! :m16:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

Why not help him?
    You did fine. It sounds like he had everything in order as to not seem like some random Jack off the street.

I would have done the same to help them out.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Why is it, so many folks in the USA are so completely unable to follow simple written, instructions, especially when they are holding them in their hand?

Anyone?

eta

talking about the walmart guy, not OP or anyone in thread.

Last edited:

gwjohns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Fort Worth Texas
    Sounds like 2 associates need to be held accountable for their actions, the associate filling out the form and the assistant MGR double checking it

Protect this House I will

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You did fine. It sounds like he had everything in order as to not seem like some random Jack off the street.

I would have done the same to help them out.

Because people aren't perfect?

Exactly, but I guess those criticizing him for doing the right thing are the same ones who are never wrong or make mistakes themselves!

You did right, and good on them for the gift card. A win-win situation in my book!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Sounds like 2 associates need to be held accountable for their actions, the associate filling out the form and the assistant MGR double checking it

Protect this House I will

I rememember the lady who did the sale. She seriously acted like she didn't know what to do next. I felt bad for her but then, it took a full hour, after I said "I want that gun" for me to walk out the door.

It was flustrating to sit there and wait for this and that. They didn't have the key to the trigger lock they use and that took 20 minutes, then another 20 for a manager to go back and get the box out of the back lock up.
    She kept my DL and LTC for awhille, plenty of time to write it down.

We spent 5 mintues talking about how I wasn't required to give them my phone number. They use the electronic 4473 which is just a computer and keyboard and you type it in instead of writing it. When I was done with my part, they did their part and it came to the NICS part and thats where she needed my LTC number in place of the NICS authorization.

I does not surpise me to find out they messed up after all

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Exactly, but I guess those criticizing him for doing the right thing

Except he did the wrong thing and committed a Federal felony by tampering with a legal federal document. Hence why it pays to read the directions.

A for effort, F for implementation

Unless he runs his mouth at his next inspection, nobody will ever know.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

Why not help him?
    If you're referring to my initial post, I never said YOU let him into your house. I said "I" would not let him in my house. Ease up. No harm, no foul. I just thought it was a strange situation.

Top Bottom