• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GreySmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    I'm not just some guy who talks about doing something, I dun it..... I purchased a lovely piece of Texas in Lavon. My wife and I will be joining the populous in early summer. I wish it could be faster but I have to get my daughter off to her college apartment, ready the house in Illinois to be rented and move our stuff down here. Hope to make some new friends of like mind and hobby…oh yea where’s the nearest outdoor pistol/rifle range near Lavon (I only bought a half acre) ???
    Gun Zone Deals

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The nearest one is Garland Public Shooting Range. Or possibly Armadillo Range, near Nevada (close to Lavon).

I'm not too far from you.

Welcome!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Welcome to Texas! I refuse to buy any product manufactured or marketed by any company in Illinois.

Olin/Winchester saw the writing on the wall, and moved all their rim fire production to Mississippi, and are continuing to move their center fire production to their new campus in Mississippi.

GreySmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    Unfortunately, I still like my Armalite AR-10, & my Springfield XD's, & XDm's both still in Illinois. Hopefully not for long!

LEVI

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Muprhy, Tx
    Armadillo is definitely the closet, but they are a handgun range only for now. The Garland range is a really good one but they've had some legal issues with a residential neighborhood close by so I'm not sure if they opened the rifle range back up or not. If not they still have pistol and shotgun areas.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Garland is open, but rifle is open for under 30 caliber only.

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    Armadillo Guns should be opening their 200 yd rifle range this summer. The outdoor pistol range has retractable targets and you can set them up to about 23 yds. Great place, friendly service.

The Garland public range is a bigger range with pistol. rifle and shot gun. Right now rifles are caliber restricted...they have some bad neighbors.

From Sachse, where I live, it's easy to get to either one and you will find me at one or the other on any given week end.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom