Lynx Defense

So can you be told to leave government property "just because"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The fact is if the property owner does not want you there, you are getting kicked out. CHL, LEO, does not matter. We just saw this pissing contest with LEOS and the NFL. Nobody can force themselves onto someone else's property. You may have legal recourse later, but at the POE it is there rules.

Ah, so you think LEOs are the owners of public property?
    Military Camp

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    An arrest just means PC existed, not that they are or are not guilty. In addition, charges are dropped by prosecutors everyday for reasons that have nothing to do with being guilty or not guilty.

They're also dropped because there's no law under which to charge the arrestee.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    They're also dropped because there's no law under which to charge the arrestee.

That would be incorrect. They were charged with disorderly conduct, a magistrate found that probable cause existed to support said charge. A prosecutor may have opted not to prosecute. That has nothing to do with it being a valid arrest. Two separate issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    That would be incorrect. They were charged with disorderly conduct, a magistrate found that probable cause existed to support said charge. A prosecutor may have opted not to prosecute. That has nothing to do with it being a valid arrest. Two separate issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Really? Is there any documentation of the finding that there was PC?

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    You talked about the property owner kicking you out. Since the situation I laid out involves a cop kicking you out, it doesn't take a huge leap of logic...

But look at his statement that you quoted when you asked the question....that's a huge fucking leap (and very little logic). LOL

stanjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    Younggun, while not reffering to anyone in this thread, we have some anti authoritarians in our movement that go looking for a fight and often push until they get one. Kudos, your solution is very reasonable and uses common sense.

I find it interesting that not wanting to be abused by cops and not just taking said abuse makes you an anti-authoritarian looking for a fight. Thats just a different way of looking at it than Im used to.
    I would be interested in knowing what people on this board think of people like Anthony Bueller and his Peacful Streets Program in Austin?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I find it interesting that not wanting to be abused by cops and not just taking said abuse makes you an anti-authoritarian looking for a fight. Thats just a different way of looking at it than Im used to.
    I would be interested in knowing what people on this board think of people like Anthony Bueller and his Peacful Streets Program in Austin?

Who said anything about taking abuse?

Every confrontation doesn't need to be a pissing contest. There is a right and wrong way to deal with things, what do you really think you will gain by standing and arguing with the cop? Do a couple test runs with a traffic violation and see where it gets you.

Standing and making a scene just makes you and the gun owners you represent look like a bunch of asses. Being peaceable, walking away from it, and going up the chain gets the problem fixed without making gun owners look bad.

Mad to the "peaceful streets" thing. I've seen a little of their work. Don't think anyone has a problem with it except that when it starts attracting attention whores who want to push for a confrontation. The other problem is when they only get half the story. With the proliferation of cell phones that take amazingly high quality video almost guaranteed to be within sight 99% of the time anyways I don't know that there is really a point to the program.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Who said anything about taking abuse?

Every confrontation doesn't need to be a pissing contest. There is a right and wrong way to deal with things, what do you really think you will gain by standing and arguing with the cop? Do a couple test runs with a traffic violation and see where it gets you.

Standing and making a scene just makes you and the gun owners you represent look like a bunch of asses. Being peaceable, walking away from it, and going up the chain gets the problem fixed without making gun owners look bad.

Mad to the "peaceful streets" thing. I've seen a little of their work. Don't think anyone has a problem with it except that when it starts attracting attention whores who want to push for a confrontation. The other problem is when they only get half the story. With the proliferation of cell phones that take amazingly high quality video almost guaranteed to be within sight 99% of the time anyways I don't know that there is really a point to the program.

I think it's telling that you read something like that and assume that there's a pissing contest and confrontation involved. You and Texan2 seem intent on assuming that and shoving it into the topic.

Top Bottom