• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    50AE?? That all you got, youngun? Who tha hell carry's one of those?? YOU? You carry your little piss ant 9mm and I'll carry my .40 short & weak, as you put it. And the government can kiss my old white azz!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I always thought that the best round for defense is the one you have when you need it. I don't go out looking for determined bank robbers and cornering them like the FBI.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    50AE?? That all you got, youngun? Who tha hell carry's one of those?? YOU? You carry your little piss ant 9mm and I'll carry my .40 short & weak, as you put it. And the government can kiss my old white azz!

It wasn't all I had. I also specifically mentioned 10mm and the Walker carried by the Texas Rangers that outgunned .45 ACP in 1847 and wasn't out done until .357 mag came along, which also outperforms .45 ACP.

You can only pretend it's the best for so long. Eventually you have to accept that it's only best if you choose not to include all the cartridges, and even old ass black powder tech, that outperforms it.

Pretend I'm biased all you want. I carry both 9mm AND .45 ACP. I'm not the one claiming they are the best or worst.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I have no idea WHAT the hell you are claiming! The laws of physics haven't been repealed just because the FBI issued some bullshit memo about 9mm vs .40 s&w vs .45 acp. I suggest you look up MASS and MOMENTUM. I want my carry gun to put the BIGGEST hole in the asshole I'm shooting at. I don't give a rats-ass about the FBI's bullshit tests. All it amounts to is an excuse for their "agents" not being able to shoot powerful handguns.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And you might want to practice your reading comprehension. I said I carry a .40 short & weak. Nothing said bout .45acp.

Maybe you should work on yours since you seem to have trouble understanding what the FBI tests actually say.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Seems like somebody has some anger issues...

I like 9mm, especially 9x23 Winchester and 9x25 Dillon...:green:

One of the great things about a free country... lots of choices- i own some 9x19 sub-compacts, too... I hear some even carry .380, but it's not my choice.

There are certainly bullet designs that are more effective, despite being made out of the same materials. I don't have the same requirements the FBI does, so I don't carry the same as them... but I don't begrudge their choice, or call them a bunch of names over it, either.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I have no idea WHAT the hell you are claiming! The laws of physics haven't been repealed just because the FBI issued some bullshit memo about 9mm vs .40 s&w vs .45 acp. I suggest you look up MASS and MOMENTUM. I want my carry gun to put the BIGGEST hole in the ******* I'm shooting at. I don't give a rats-ass about the FBI's bullshit tests. All it amounts to is an excuse for their "agents" not being able to shoot powerful handguns.

This is a joke right? We aren't shooting ball ammo any more (at least those in their right mind).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Churchmouse

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    Indy west
    .45 is a crap round and has been surpassed for decades by 10mm and .50AE among others.

The fan boys keeping claiming how great it is but can only do so by comparing it to 9mm and .40 short and weak. They always conveniently forget that it's a weakling and has been surpassed for some time now. Same guys saying "don't trust the FBI" are licking the gov boots while fondling a hand full of .45 and a 1911, because the government thought it was good enough 100 years ago. Hell, Texas Rangers had .45 ACP beat in 1847.
    I have 2 custom 10mm's and I agree they are serious rounds.
    I also have a safe full of 1911's and I trust that round with my life daily. 1900 FPS Liberty ammo. Try some. It is an eye opener.
    We have 2 CZ's (full customs) in 9mm and trust me I do not want to get shot by one of them. Hell I do not want to get shot period.

To say .45ACP is a crap round is just wrong. JMHO of course but I shoot all 3 all the time.

There is always something bigger and faster but who here actually carries a 50...???

Top Bottom