APOD Firearms

So, I found my friend dead. I’m asking for your help.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hey fellow Texans,

First, I want to say; Tell people who’m you love, that you love them. Every day. Go see them more. Call them if you absolutely can’t see them. Text them, if you absolutely can’t call them. You just never know…

So my good friend is named Levi Henry. He was an amazing and extremely smart person. He studied biology and genetics and freely helped people heal and care for their bodies. He died on Tuesday, the 23rd and on Friday, his mother texted me “can you go check on Levi, I haven’t been able to get ahold of him for four days now”. That’s extremely unlike him, so I knew, or at least I prepared my mind for the worst. His landlord told me I can gain access however I want, so I pushed his room window off the rails and there he was.

Anyway…. I’ve been thinking about this for the last few days and decided to ask for help. I apologize if I’m out of line. Levi and I were going to go halves on building/buying his mother an AR pistol. They aren’t gun people but they’re freedom loving conservatives and not only did he want her to have one, cause she lived alone, but she wanted one for the same reason.

I feel like I have to now step up and help take care of his mother, so I’m gonna build her an AR pistol. However, I was put in a bad financial position due to my father dying of Covid in September, so the finances for the trip and everything else, drained me probably until January. Levi’s birthday is on the 9th and I want to throw him and his mom a surprise party to honor him and celebrate his life. As the birthday gift, to him (as he was going halves), and to his mother, I’d like to gift her this AR pistol.

I have a red dot to put on it, a light, and some stock furniture. So I’m asking for help for this build by either donating some parts, or selling them to me at a low enough price for me to able to get this done. I will take video for you all and humbly tell her that it is on behalf of her fellow Texas gun owners, out of respect for her son. I will not take any credit. I just want to help her and do something he wanted to do and give her a reason to smile.

To show my gratitude, I will donate a Swampfox Justice red dot with the protective shield, and give it away by raffling it off.

If this actually gets accomplished I will update the thread (POST #4) with a list of parts no longer needed.

Whatever the case, please pray for this man and his family. It was a very unexpected loss and he was such a loving and special soul.

If you’d like to help, I can provide his ID and death certificate among other proof if you need to verify this is true. As stated, there will also be a video posted of the cake blow out, gift opening, and me telling her it’s on behalf of TGT. Whomever helps is entitled to this, and I understand that.

Look, I know I don’t get on here as much as I used to and I know I can be an asshole, but when I was trying to come up with a way to do this, I immediately thought of you guys. Over the years, the things we have done for each other has always made me feel blessed to be not only a part of the gun community, but a part of this forum, and mostly being a Texan. Texas gun owners are a whole other breed and even though we all throw shit each other from time to time, we’re a damn family, and THAT is just amazing to me.

Alright, well please, just remember…. Tell those whom you love, that you love them. Every day. God bless you all and be well.

-Jon C. (915) 790-6771 Text me if you can help in any way.

Oh and if this does not get done, anything donated, that I did not pay for, will either get returned, or put in the “pay it forward” thread.

Levi Henry - Rest in peace brother

49544B62-1E85-4BA0-BE8F-761922F5E0F8.jpeg
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Another idea is cash donations and taking her to a gun store to buy one, with her keeping whatever is left.

If anyone wants to help and you all think that is better, I can post my paypal. For accountability sake, whoever donates can post in here, how much they donated, and I can show a receipt of her purchase.

Same thing as last time, I will tell her it’s all thanks to the members of TGT.

God bless.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Damn. Off the top of my head, I’ve got an NIB aero LPK w/FCG laying around.

Got your text. Sending address. God bless you, thank you so much.

I will edit this post number with parts as they come.

PARTS
    •Red dot - BUIS - looking for other parts in my bin, in a bit
    •LPK with FCG Thank you @toddnjoyce

CASH
    •$50 dollar donation Thank you @msharley
    •$25 dollar donation. Thank you @1911’s 4 me

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hey Jon,

Texted you.

What did Levi pass from?

Later, Mark

Hello Mark,

I responded, and thank you so much for helping out. Another name in the raffle, least I can do.

Well, as of now, we aren’t certain of what he passed from. It was very sudden and he was seemingly very healthy. He had no history of sickness either.

His mother said there was an autopsy and that it would take up to six weeks for the toxicology report. Either way, she did ask me not to disclose his manner of death and I will honor that. But again, we just don’t know yet.

Thanks again, friend.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Have a new .223 Wylde barrel but it's 16", bit long for a pistol.

Can probably scare up an A2 style flash hider

Hey whistler. Thanks a lot for offering something. Can’t even express my gratitude enough, to you and others.

She is an extremely tiny lady. It’s too the point where it’s probably not even possible for her to be efficient and effective with a full length barrel.

Thank you very much though.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    @toddnjoyce

Got the LPK with FCG yesterday, thank you so much.

This isn’t set in stone yet but I’m try to work a deal on a used BCG just gotta hear back from a fella. I found a lower receiver for 75, so when that comes in, that will be bought. Next week I should be able to spend about 2 to 300 on an upper.

I can tell this is going to take longer than I thought, so I’ll invite her to shoot and that’s when, after she shoots hers, I will tell her that on behalf of TGT, that pistol belongs to her.

As to the raffle, I don’t care if it’s just you three, or any one else pitches in, or even if this doesn’t get finished for whatever reason. I’m keeping true to my word and raffling off that swampfox with outer protective shield. I’m ****’n humbled and great for ANY help. Doesn’t matter to what extent. The fact that I’ve gotten help to make this for a lady who lost her mother and 2 months later, her son, and being able to honor my dear friend by doing for his mother what he planned to do, it means the ****’n world to me. I love you guys. I love this community.

God bless you all and be well and tell those who you love, that you love them.

EDIT: Okay, strangely I don’t see an option to edit post #4, so every time something new happens, it will be my latest post that has info in it.

PARTS
    •LPK with FCG Thank you @toddnjoyce RECEIVED
    •BCG - pending response for deal

CASH

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Has she shot a AR pistol? Would building one in 9mm be a better option? Cheaper ammo and a little more quiet. If you go 9mm I have a VG6 Epsilon muzzle device I can donate.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Has she shot a AR pistol? Would building one in 9mm be a better option? Cheaper ammo and a little more quiet. If you go 9mm I have a VG6 Epsilon muzzle device I can donate.

Hey I appreciate you bringing this up, just in case. However, she said she has shot before, years before I had the pleasure of knowing them, but I don’t know what she shot. Either way, she’s one of those Trump, die hard conservative, older ladies who’s response to a 9mm AR would most likely be something like, “I ain’t no weak bitch, don’t treat me like a lefty”.

She’s so sweet but you know how those types of ladies are, can be ruthless. When I was discussing something about her sons’s death, with her, she says to me “ohhh don’t you…. DON’T DARE lie to me just to make me feel better, you TELL ME THE TRUTH”. Absolutely hard core. An amazing woman.

Thank you for offering that. Be well.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I can donate a NIB Romeo 5 if that helps....or cash...either way...

Brother, thank you so much. I do have a red dot for it though. I really appreciate you putting that on the table. If you do want to chip in cash, I can text my paypal. I will update the thread with your name and contribution.

Parts update…

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Brother, thank you so much. I do have a red dot for it though. I really appreciate you putting that on the table. If you do want to chip in cash, I can text my paypal. I will update the thread with your name and contribution.

Parts update…
    Incoming PM..........

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    PARTS
    •BCG - I was able to get a good deal on one so that’s nixed

CASH
    •TBD Thank you @glenbo

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    For those who have already donated, is this person and cause legit?

I’ve got no problem with you having suspicion and making sure. Too many people cheat folks out of money these days. The fact that you are offering to help is all that I’m concerned about and I thank you, Glenn.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    PARTS
    •BCG - I was able to get a good deal on one so that’s nixed

CASH
    •$250 dollar donation Thank you @glenbo
    •$100 dollar donation Thank you @V-Tach

Guys….

This means a lot guys. The helping out, but most importantly, some of the things you guys are saying to me is…. I can’t even think of the word. But it’s humbling and Incredible.

I want you all to know, this guy was one of the most loving people and his mom was his best friend and he would tell you all the most loving and appropriate things for doing this, hell even without, and I seem like a babbling fool compared to the things he would say to show his appreciation.

I’m gonna putt more into what I’m raffling off, including ammo. I will update with that as soon as I get my emotions together and get that sorted out.

Thank you all. THANK YOU.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    By the way, I’m selling some stuff I bought on black friday to help her with funeral cost. You guys are enabling THIS to happen so I can also help with that, not to mention the stress this all will lift off of her. More than you all know.

Top Bottom