• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I was driving my daughter to a school function when a car on a side street came full throttle from a stop sign and plowed into my truck. I am HIGHLY pissed right now! The pics are crap because of the lack of light, but here are a couple of her car and my truck.
    Fortunately it is driveable but hers is DOA.

Lynx Defense

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks and yeah, we're fine. I'm just highly pissed that's all. She got into a fight with her boyfriend and drove off in a fit. I'm lucky in the fact that nobody was seriously injured and that I'm able to drive the truck. She just got this car two days ago because she totaled her other one! Can you believe that?!?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Thats ironic....the U.S. makes it too easy to get a drivers license and it shows in our accidnet and insurance rates.
    I'm not real big on following European leads on things, but they do better than us in the arena of issuing DLs.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks and yeah, we're fine. I'm just highly pissed that's all. She got into a fight with her boyfriend and drove off in a fit. I'm lucky in the fact that nobody was seriously injured and that I'm able to drive the truck. She just got this car two days ago because she totaled her other one! Can you believe that?!?

It's good to hear you're alright.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    cdh, glad you're alright. I'd be ticked too. People like her should get their licenses revoked.

...and people gripe that we need more gun control...uhuh...how about some driver's license control

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I bet her Insurance company loves her...did she have any?
    Was this a Teenage Driver by chance? Glad everyone survived okay.
    I hope the Boyfriend has the sense to end any kind of relationship with this idiot.

Luckily for me, they're fully covered by Allstate. She's 19. I was so livid that whenever she came over to me to exchange information, I just told her to back off because I was too pissed to talk to her. She, in front of a couple of witnesses, admitted she hit me which shows her inexperience and stupidity.

The last time I got hit, I had to fight tooth and nail just to get my truck back to the way it was. What I'm worried about is that since my truck is a 2003 model, it's already almost 6 years old. I'm hoping the damage isn't so much that they'll try to total it instead of trying to fix it. I can't afford a truck payment right now.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Glad your truck won. Gottta watch those ex-girlfriends driving around crying and talking on the phone. Good she has insurance, does she have parents?

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Glad to hear that you and you girl were not hurt.I was not so lucky.My wife got hit by a driver with no insurance and no license.We had Progressive insurance and these jerks paid for the other guy's damage's.I had to fight tooth and nail and prove that he was at fault to get our check.I cancelled my policy and went over to Allstate because of the way we were treated.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Glad to hear that you and you girl were not hurt.I was not so lucky.My wife got hit by a driver with no insurance and no license.We had Progressive insurance and these jerks paid for the other guy's damage's.I had to fight tooth and nail and prove that he was at fault to get our check.I cancelled my policy and went over to Allstate because of the way we were treated.

Man, I've been there before!

I just got off the phone with the Allstate claims center and I can already tell I'm going to have to fight for some things. I shouldn't have to pay a DIME since it wasn't my fault. I'll have to wait till they get the police report.

Viper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    Glad you and your daughter are all good.
    Had something similar happen to me a couple of years ago on my birthday. I was driving home around 4:30 in the afternoon on a three lane section of road going through town and slowing down as I came up to a stop light there was only one car sitting in my lane at the light but the other lanes were chocked full then all of the sudden there was a gap in other two lanes and this girl in a brand spanking new Tiberon gunned it out of a parking lot through the gap and right into me. I was only going about thirty but she must have got her little sports car going fast because my mountaineer was pushed into the center lane. She totaled her car and mine. No one was seriously hurt I had a cut up face from the air bag and tweeked my shoulder and they were all fine too. She got her's in the end because she had let her insurance run out and then she gave the officer a fake ID because it was her third accident. So not only did she lose her car but she got arrested later on too for lying to police.
    I am still pissed to this day though because I loved that SUV and I got it on such a great deal that I couldn't replace it if I wanted too, and because it was used I didn't get enough money from the insurance to get anything close the shape it was in because I took really good care of it.
    The police report really helped with the insurance, once they had that I was golden I didn't have to fight with them or anything because the offficer writing it was ironclad in the statement saying it was not my fault. He also mentioned that the other driver had lied to police and that was the end of it I got my check the next day.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Glad you and your daughter are all good.
    Had something similar happen to me a couple of years ago on my birthday. I was driving home around 4:30 in the afternoon on a three lane section of road going through town and slowing down as I came up to a stop light there was only one car sitting in my lane at the light but the other lanes were chocked full then all of the sudden there was a gap in other two lanes and this girl in a brand spanking new Tiberon gunned it out of a parking lot through the gap and right into me. I was only going about thirty but she must have got her little sports car going fast because my mountaineer was pushed into the center lane. She totaled her car and mine. No one was seriously hurt I had a cut up face from the air bag and tweeked my shoulder and they were all fine too. She got her's in the end because she had let her insurance run out and then she gave the officer a fake ID because it was her third accident. So not only did she lose her car but she got arrested later on too for lying to police.
    I am still pissed to this day though because I loved that SUV and I got it on such a great deal that I couldn't replace it if I wanted too, and because it was used I didn't get enough money from the insurance to get anything close the shape it was in because I took really good care of it.
    The police report really helped with the insurance, once they had that I was golden I didn't have to fight with them or anything because the offficer writing it was ironclad in the statement saying it was not my fault. He also mentioned that the other driver had lied to police and that was the end of it I got my check the next day.

Bravo to the cop that did a good job!!!

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Good to hear there were no serious injuries. With an '03, you probably won't come out of this whole. I had an older car that was in really good shape that got whacked by a girl goign too fast on a wet road. I got what they said it was worth, which didn't make much of a dent when I replaced it with a new (to me) car.

I knid of live in fear about this type of situation, since i also have an '03, with about 53k on it. Great shape. If it gets totalled, I'll take it in the shorts.

Best of luck!

Jeff B.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Good to hear there were no serious injuries. With an '03, you probably won't come out of this whole. I had an older car that was in really good shape that got whacked by a girl goign too fast on a wet road. I got what they said it was worth, which didn't make much of a dent when I replaced it with a new (to me) car.

I knid of live in fear about this type of situation, since i also have an '03, with about 53k on it. Great shape. If it gets totalled, I'll take it in the shorts.

Best of luck!

Jeff B.

I took it to a body shop I usually go to just to get a rough estimate and ask a couple of questions. He estimated the damage at roughly $6000. He said that if the damage totals 65% or more of the value, they total it. That would be $8k so I came in almost $3k short of that and that's a relief!

Top Bottom