• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    Okay boys, I need your help. I am considering creating a self-employed company that centers around full auto firearms. I have two of them and as a side business I am considering creating a type of shooting rental service for both of them. I could meet people for birthday parties, guys bachelor party fun st the range, and other types of fun. I could rent each gun for about $20 a magazine and then the price of the ammo.
    Here’s my math idea:
    If I rent one 36 round mag of my 9mm subgun for $20 to each person in a five person bachelor party Range shoot and then a $50 appearance fee I could do that maybe a few times a week and make some pretty good extra money for my family.

Thoughts?
    Would any of you be interested?

**No legal issues cause they’re mine and I follow ALL NFA LAWS on possession.
    Target Sports

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    I obviously would have to follow all state laws regarding the forming of a legal Schedule C business. Not to mention business insurance.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Do you have a range that allows FA, but doesn't rent FA? Seems to me that if they rented FA they probably wouldn't want your business venture there.

My membership-only range (not open to the general public) does not allow FA.

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    Do you have a range that allows FA, but doesn't rent FA? Seems to me that if they rented FA they probably wouldn't want your business venture there.

My membership-only range (not open to the general public) does not allow FA.
    I am a founding member of a very nice Range here and I am certified to fire full auto there.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    There is always the option of purchasing a small plot of land. 10 acres would be a great idea.

How ‘baked’ is this business plan? There’s two sides to the equation, just because you build it (MG rental) doesn’t mean they will come.

If you’re going to do this, here’s a quick lesson. Figure out your capital requirements just to open the doors. Then, research your area to identify if a market exists. If it does, then how do you compare to the current businesses offering the same or similar product. Find the segment of the market that’s underserved and figure out how to target them (advertising) and position your product so that you actually make a profit.

If you can’t make a reasonable profit, then pivot until you find a business model that works.

Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) has a ton of retired, successful entrepreneurs and executives who can help you formulate the business plan and set you up with a mentor free
    Of charge.

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    How ‘baked’ is this business plan? There’s two sides to the equation, just because you bold it (MG rental) doesn’t mean they will come.

If you’re going to do this, here’s a quick lesson. Figure out your capital requirements just to open the doors. Then, research your area to identify if a market exists. If it does, then how do you compare to the current businesses offering the same or similar product. Find the segment of the market that’s underserved and figure out how to target them (advertising) and position your product so that you actually make a profit.

Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) has a ton of retired, successful entrepreneurs and executives who can help you formulate the business plan and set you up with a mentor free
    Of charge.

Well, Joyce, this was not my “business plan” I was only wondering if people on here my have a few thoughts. When I do develop a business plan there will be little no consideration given to people online whom I ha e never met. But thanks for the “baked” comment SH.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yes, I do.

can you tell me why you believe it’s nit a good idea? Legally? Ethically? Morally? Experience? Or just your hunch?
    Any or all of the above I really want to hear.
    Transferables tend to hold or go up in value. Post samples are much cheaper to buy so beating them as rental guns just makes more sense! Just price Colt Commando transferable & post sample.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just as an FYI, I can drive ~18 mins from my house to a range that offers FA.
    They also have plenty of lanes where I could easily bring 5 friends, as an example.
    How far would people need to drive to get to your range?
    I realize there is no way to answer that question, just wanted to give you something else to think about.

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    Just as an FYI, I can drive ~18 mins from my house to a range that offers FA.
    They also have plenty of lanes where I could easily bring 5 friends, as an example.
    How far would people need to drive to get to your range?
    I realize there is no way to answer that question, just wanted to give you something else to think about.
    Good comment!!
    Well I live in San Antonio outskirts so we all drive for miles anyways.

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    Transferables tend to hold or go up in value. Post samples are much cheaper to buy so beating them as rental guns just makes more sense! Just price Colt Commando transferable & post sample.
    I don’t have a SOT 07 or 02 so I ha r to use transférables

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    But I have enough money stashed away to buy approx four to five transferables that I could use to start. That way zero BATFE involved since all are mine personally

Top Bottom