Patriot Mobile

So I strapped myself to the skids of the helicopter that rescued us and returned fire on the Taliban as we flew to safety"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I didn't want to be that guy.

Again.....
    eX7B4X2.gif

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Kiowa Warriors aren't able to take survivors on their skids.

OK, but just about everybody agrees it did that day:

"Army OH-58D Kiowa helicopters came to retrieve the rest of the crew," Captain Jennings said. "Being small single-engine, single-rotor, two-seater helicopters, there was no room for us inside. We had to stand on the skids and hold onto rocket pods."

[Jennings is now Hagar]

and from the Captain:

My crew and I luckily latched on to the skids of an OH-58 Army gunship that was providing our cover.

Last edited:

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    OK, but just about everybody agrees it did that day:

"Army OH-58D Kiowa helicopters came to retrieve the rest of the crew," Captain Jennings said. "Being small single-engine, single-rotor, two-seater helicopters, there was no room for us inside. We had to stand on the skids and hold onto rocket pods."

[Jennings is now Hagar]

and from the Captain:

My crew and I luckily latched on to the skids of an OH-58 Army gunship that was providing our cover.
    Still......I have to cry out,"BULLSHIT!"
    The skids on an OH-58 are way too close to the ground. That helicopter has shortened skids, to avoid hill tops when they fly knap of the earth to avoid enemy radar. Also, if they were to be standing up, they're heads are hitting the rotors. Either way, they would be risking life and limb to even try and rescue anyone.
    The OH-58 is grossly underpowered, and already at max weight when they take off. Plus, I don't think the Warrant Officer in charge of that helicopter would risk his multi-million dollar aircraft, plus him and his co-pilot to take on "survivors", and possibly end up crashing because of being more overweight than it already is.
    But that's my 2 cents worth.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Still......I have to cry out,"BULLSHIT!"
    The skids on an OH-58 are way too close to the ground. That helicopter has shortened skids, to avoid hill tops when they fly knap of the earth to avoid enemy radar. Also, if they were to be standing up, they're heads are hitting the rotors. Either way, they would be risking life and limb to even try and rescue anyone.
    The OH-58 is grossly underpowered, and already at max weight when they take off. Plus, I don't think the Warrant Officer in charge of that helicopter would risk his multi-million dollar aircraft, plus him and his co-pilot to take on "survivors", and possibly end up crashing because of being more overweight than it already is.
    But that's my 2 cents worth.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

OK I sent a PM to a Kiowa pilot I have shot with. See what he thinks really happened.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ok, tell me where 4 people are going to strap themselves to the skids, let alone 1 or 2.
    1ID tested the TTP in 2013; it’s an emergency extraction technique that’s been used a time or two.

AH-64 community has a similar TTP.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    How can anyone who served in the military be a Democrat?

Someplace I read that there was a movie in the works drawn from a book she wrote and starring Angelina Jolie.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Hegar does look like the type that would be all for a strap-on.....

....she's pretty much a clone of Beto....but doesn't look as good in a dress.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I would normally say an active imagination is a good thing but in your case.....

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    How can anyone who served in the military be a Democrat?

Someplace I read that there was a movie in the works drawn from a book she wrote and starring Angelina Jolie.
    I'm a veteran, and that was my initial reaction to some democrat politician telling war stories. Then I started thinking about all the different types I served with. There are tons of delinquents, retards, non Patriots. Hand flappers, looking for their next handout. I remember most in my unit voted for Bush over because he promised military pay increases.

Not really a big surprise.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom