Patriot Mobile

So I strapped myself to the skids of the helicopter that rescued us and returned fire on the Taliban as we flew to safety"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Her adds now show her riding a motorcycle. It strikes me she is trying to channel a certain white haired Texas Governor in voters minds. God help us if she is elected.

CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    As a combat veteran in a infantry role, I learned the hard way to not trust anything out of D.C. Both parties played politics with the military taking in the end and being not treated well by tthe VA still.

As a result, I’m an Independent because neither party is worth a spit cup.

Hagar is a decorated combat vet and as such I respect her. Cornyn and 95% of the Congress or Administration never served a day in uniform. None of them comprehend veterans and what we did.

As such I made the decision in early voting to not vote for any incumbent. Their lethargy and job performance is terrible.

TexasDude

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2016
    Even if it were true, I thought the ad was terrible. It certainly didn't make me want to vote for her, and actually quite the opposite. She sounded like a self-centered narcissistic braggart. Not to mention that it had nothing to do with running for a political office.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    As such I made the decision in early voting to not vote for any incumbent. Their lethargy and job performance is terrible.

Does this include President Donald J Trump? I wouldn't describe him or his job performance as lethargic.

John Mccain was a decorated veteran and was a Grade A POS.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Hagar is a decorated combat vet and as such I respect her.

I respect her service enough but I don't respect it being used to strip rights from others.

“We haven’t seen statements like this in a long time, and it goes to her experience,” said Brian Lemek, executive director of the Brady PAC, a group that supports candidates pushing for new gun laws. “How many people out there can say … ‘I took on fire from the Taliban, I have scars to show it.’ She understands the dangers.”

I don't want her having the ability to write laws:

Hegar, meanwhile, is pushing a gun safety platform that also calls for expanding background checks, stricter safe storage laws and banning the sale of assault-style weapons.

Source:

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Yep that is what I saw then dug deeper into the AF citations and press releases.

The Democrats have a habit and a large company of story tellers in their ranks. Blumenthal on the justice committee was one of the worst and he wants to sound so righteous questioning Judge Barrett.

I just wish we had a Republican who would call some of the Democrat liars out when they are telling a lie.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Still......I have to cry out,"BULLSHIT!"
    The skids on an OH-58 are way too close to the ground. That helicopter has shortened skids, to avoid hill tops when they fly knap of the earth to avoid enemy radar. Also, if they were to be standing up, they're heads are hitting the rotors. Either way, they would be risking life and limb to even try and rescue anyone.
    The OH-58 is grossly underpowered, and already at max weight when they take off. Plus, I don't think the Warrant Officer in charge of that helicopter would risk his multi-million dollar aircraft, plus him and his co-pilot to take on "survivors", and possibly end up crashing because of being more overweight than it already is.
    But that's my 2 cents worth.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

You have to remember there is still a reporter involved in the story, even if they got most of it right when they debunked her's. That's what happens and why Obummer got rid of the 1948 propaganda act, so they could all lie.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I asked her current political opponent's campaign manager if they were going to bust her on the BS (I knew the after action report facts) and they demurred saying it was political suicide to attack a Veteran on their service. It really struck me dumb. You can not loose votes from people who are going to vote for you anyhow. You can only gain votes from people who when smacked in the face with the facts - my suggestion was just read the AAR word for word in an add or at the debate and say nothing.
    Being a veteran has nothing to do with the kind of person a candidate is. See John Kerry.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    How can anyone who served in the military be a Democrat?

Someplace I read that there was a movie in the works drawn from a book she wrote and starring Angelina Jolie.
    Free chow, free housing? But I don't get it either.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I respect her service enough but I don't respect it being used to strip rights from others.

I don't want her having the ability to write laws:

Source:

My usual trust level only goes to Lt/Col, but that would be a grunt. Outside of gruntdom it would probably be about E7.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    “I was flying a medevac mission when I was shot through the windshield and we went down. So I strapped myself to the skids of the helicopter that rescued us and returned fire on the Taliban as we flew to safety,” Hegar said in the ad. “For that I was awarded the Purple Heart and the Distinguished Flying Cross with Valor.”

Cool story Bro.

Except it she not shot through the windshield, she was not piloting the A/C, it did not "go down", she stood on the skids, not strapped to them, she did not return fire on Taliban and the other 4 crewmembers also were there and awarded the PH (if injured) and the DFC.

I am I the last person to find this out?

MJ Hagar ad if you did not know. It appears to have been pulled as she was called out on it.

I hope Texas does not go Obama lover. it would be because of changing demographics and I am sorry I think the backlash against some groups will make the actions in MS and AL in the 60s look mild

Top Bottom