• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    The speaker at last night's townhall meeting here in Houston. I entered my zip code, which made me chuckle as I knew what was next. What was next? Well this ...

http://www.house.gov/htbin/formproc...hen.txt&form=/green/contact/contact_form.htmlZip Authorization Failed

We're sorry, but you are not in our district.
    Access to the requested form is denied, the zip code which you entered does not provide access to this form. Note: To find out who your representative is use the House of Representative's site and conduct a search. Or, if you think you have reached this page in error and would like to re-enter your zip code, use your browser's BACK function to return to the previous page and enter a different zip code.

I'll get in touch with him another way.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hah. Just checked that site for my Congresscritter's info. Got this every time:

Unable to determine the Member for this zip. Error opening the ssdd database No such file or directory Unable to determine the Member for this zip. Error opening the ssdd database No such file or directory

The first time it told me my Zip wasn't enough information to find a Congresscritter, and I had to do the +4 method... I don't want to think that my Zip is split in two, but it probably has been Gerrymandered all to hell.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    U.S. Rep. Gene Green, a Democrat who represents a blue-collar area from Baytown to Denver Harbor east of Houston, has held four meetings on the health care plan and received mixed reviews.

“There seems to be an organized Republican effort to have people come to a Democrat's town meeting and dominate the discussions,” Green said. “Some have admitted they don't live in my area. This has never happened to me before.”

He plans to hold more meetings and only admit those who live in his district.

[URL]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6563705.html[/URL]

Oh yea, that sounds like the American Way to me! BTW, I didn't mention to his lackey that I didn't live in his district. I TOLD the lackey I did not live in the district and expected my name to be whited out.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'm going to write this guy a letter since he won't accept emails from people outside his district. He's planning on having townhalls that are restricted to constituents.

I wonder if he will do the same when accepting contributions.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't care what district you live in, the decisions he makes affect you, and you pay his salary, and those give you every right to tell him what he's supposed to do.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Texas, being an at-will employment state, we should be able to fire these boneheads before the next election. If they can step down at any time they choose, then we should be able to step them down also. Fair is fair

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Texas, being an at-will employment state, we should be able to fire these boneheads before the next election. If they can step down at any time they choose, then we should be able to step them down also. Fair is fair

That's right. Fire 'em. Revolt's a comin'!

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County

They call it "suffragium of haud fiducia" also known as a "vote of no confidence"

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I'm starting to think that with holding our taxes from them or voting from the roof tops is going to be our only last option before the correction. They know they are backed by F-22's from the U.N. They don't have to listen to us, they have the Shadow government, a portion of the military that has betrayed their oaths.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution enevitable. JFK If ten percent stand, they will out in a month.

Top Bottom