• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I'll sacrifice knowledge for courtesy. Most of the time, I know what im looking for and don't need a real opinion. I like Academy because they are cool good guys, and most of them know at least a little bit. But they aren't afraid to tell you they don't know. Other places, namely Gander Mtn, the guy will stare at you like you just crawled off his mother and tell you what you should do or your aren't worth a dime. And if you ask a question, you might as well have stepped on his kittens. Last time I was there, I was looking for a cooler weather carry gun. Since my USP is kinda tricky(can be done, but not easily). His answer was "SIG, nothing else. We all carry SIGs, there isn't anything better." I respectfully told him thats a good opinion but Im not trilled by SIG and the weight. That was enough for him to hate me. HAha.
    Capitol Armory ad

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    "This guy also tried to talk me out of buying a Beretta 40 cal because "when the SHTF there will be 9mm laying all around." I've been on this planet 54 years, practiced "duck and cover" a-bomb drills in elementary school, and so far the S hasn't HTF to the point that I'm looking for ammunition laying around on the streets."

I like Academy and there are morons everywhere.

Good shooting.[/quote]

+1 Amen! However, there are zombies in the alleys...watch 'em!

I needed some 9mm ammo while I was shopping at Dicks in Harker Heights this weekend. The guy behind the counter told me he had plenty in stock...3 boxes of Remington 115gr! Hahaha, I gave him a high-5 for his enthusiasm. We both agreed that we hate hoarders...empty shelves suck!

Top Bottom