Lynx Defense

So, I Was Mowing the Lawn When................

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Yep, last year I recall a guy near Longview that rolled his commercial zero turn down an embankment and broke his neck. Speed + carelessness + uneven terrain will get you every time.

I am 73 and mow my grass two times a week, but it is two acres of flat land with no surprises. Biggest thing I have to remember is to not do full speed turns because my lot is 100% sand and sometimes those front wheels will dig in and bury themselves which brings you to a screeching halt. My mower will only do about 7-8 mph so it is not like the big boys.
    If you got them slick-tires (round and slick),
    have you considered getting some larger, flat-bottom (unrounded) replacements from Lowe's?
    Military Camp

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Yep, last year I recall a guy near Longview that rolled his commercial zero turn down an embankment and broke his neck. Speed + carelessness + uneven terrain will get you every time.

I am 73 and mow my grass two times a week, but it is two acres of flat land with no surprises. Biggest thing I have to remember is to not do full speed turns because my lot is 100% sand and sometimes those front wheels will dig in and bury themselves which brings you to a screeching halt. My mower will only do about 7-8 mph so it is not like the big boys.
    Twice? A week?

Quit watering the lawn! :roflfunny:

I try for every ten days .......or so.....

Have new neighbors...they sometimes mow twice a DAY!! :roflfunny:

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Twice? A week?

Quit watering the lawn! :roflfunny:

I try for every ten days .......or so.....

Have new neighbors...they sometimes mow twice a DAY!! :roflfunny:
    I haven't watered the lawn in 5 years, that's East Texas rain...or at least it was until this summer. Now I mow about once every two weeks thanks to the drought.

Here the annual average is 46 inches of rain; up until this year, we have beat that handily for the past 5 years. I can cut the grass at 2" and in 3 days with 90 degree heat and rain it needs cutting again

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    I actually do enjoy doing yardwork, and I'm pretty good at it as well. I have always taken a lot of pride in having my yards look nice and well kept. Years ago when I lived in town, several times my yard was selected as "Yard of the Month" on our street. I was very proud of that.

My wife & I have a little role reversal going on: she does the yard work & I cook.

She loves mowing & working in the yard, and I’m allergic as hell to Bermuda, so it’s a win/win (plus I get to stay in the AC and watch the Rangers suck while I cook.)

Top Bottom