Join TexasGunTalk

So I was the victim of a hit and run last night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jordanmills, Sep 12, 2013.

1. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    On the way back from the gym, driving in the middle of three lanes, some tard in a pickup in the left lane suddenly cuts a hard right with no warning. I figured I could miss him if I braked hard and went right. I figured wrong.

He stopped and made sure I was okay. We checked on the condition of the vehicles. His truck had little damage, my car basically wouldn't run. We talked about exchanging insurance information. Then he got in his truck and left. I guess he didn't realize that I already had his license plate number.

Got all the info off his ID last night. A little bit of detective work this morning got me his phone number, insurance carrier, and policy number. Claim filed. Wonder if the deputy that responded to the scene will make use of the copy I gave him.

2. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Very strange. I had a guy once at a red light put his car in reverse and backed into my truck for no reason. Then put it in drive and took off through the intersection with the light still red dragging his bumper until it fell off. The only thing that happened to my truck was a bent license plate. I filled a report, but nothing ever came from it.

Looks like your guy didn't have insurance.

3. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Are you sure it is same person?

4. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Something like that happened to me once too. A girl stopped at a light put it in reverse and backed into me. But she pulled over at the next reasonable spot and we discussed it. She seemed to be under the impression that my car moved and hit hers... She also had trouble standing and walking. We didn't bother to exchange information, so we left, and I noticed that she had trouble staying in lanes and not swerving into oncoming traffic. I tried to call police dispatch to see if they could have someone come out and check her out, but they transferred me between departments several times and I gave up.

This guy does have insurance.

5. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Beyond a shadow of a doubt. He matched the details on the drivers license and has the same address and name on the vehicle registration. The vehicle registration matches the year, make, and model of the involved truck. He looks just like the guy in the facebook photos with the same name and city.

6. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    OK didn't know you saw his DL.

7. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I didn't.

Deputy said they'd probably have me pick his license photo out of a lineup to make sure.

8. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Did you get all that information off his plate #?

9. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    All I had to start with was his plate number. So yes, if that's what you mean.

10. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Where do you search for that or do you have a private connection? I'm not trying to pry, just seems like if it is available, it would be useful.