So - I Was Wondering - When Is Election Day and...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    ...I just checked online and found out it is today! Heck, I had thought it would be next week so am happy for my timing in checking.

Anyway, I am rather surprised that there seems to be so little talk about the election here in these forums. I just checked in the Politics forum only to find one readily apparent thread about Proposition 4. If I understand correctly voting in favor of said proposition will help prevent the creation of a state income tax in Texas (someone correct me if I am wrong and do it quick before I go out to vote). That would be a good thing and I plan to vote for it because state income taxes only lead to more taxes.

What about the other Constitutional propositions on the ballot?

I plan to vote:

Against # 1 (one person being a municipal judge in more than one place - this is ridiculous when you think about the possible consequences)

Undecided but leaning toward against #2.

For #3.

For #4.

Undecided on #5, it sounds nice to use existing tax money for conservation and such but also seems to be giving more authority to a historical commission relative to such things and that cannot be good (can it).

Undecided on leaning toward against #6.

Against #7.

Against #8 (more government spending and bureaucracy).

For #9.

Undecided on #10, trying to figure how this is a CONSTITUTIONAL issue.

In favor of #5.
    Military Camp

Last edited:

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Serving as a municipal judge in multiple places: we have a judge in the city I live in who works in our city once a week after hours. Not sure what the problem would be in that same judge working in other cities as long as it is outside of that schedule. Maybe I am thinking about it wrong.

I voted this morning. I do not care for anything that asks for more tax money.

There are other posts about some of the individual props.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    First Tuesday after the first Monday in November

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    ...I jsut checked online and found out it is today! Heck, I had thought it would be next week so am happy for my timing in checking.

Anyway, I am rather surprised that there seems to be so little talk about the election here in these forums. I just checked in the Politics forum only to find one readily apparent thread about Proposition 4. If I understand correctly voting in favor of said proposition will help prevent the creation of a state income tax in Texas (someone correct me if I am wrong and do it quick before I go out to vote). That would be a good thing and I plan to vote for it because state income taxes only lead to more taxes.

What about the other Constitutional propositions on the ballot?

I plan to vote:

Against # 1 (one person being a municipal judge in more than one place - this is ridiculous when you think about the possible consequences)

Undecided but leaning toward against #2.

For #3.

For #4.

Undecided on #5, it sounds nice to use existing tax money for conservation and such but also seems to be giving more authority to a historical commission relative to such things and that cannot be good (can it).

Undecided on leaning toward against #6.

Against #7.

Against #8 (more government spending and bureaucracy).

For #9.

Undecided on #10, trying to figure how this is a CONSTITUTIONAL issue.

In favor of #5.
    Thanks for voting

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Serving as a municipal judge in multiple places: we have a judge in the city I live in who works in our city once a week after hours. Not sure what the problem would be in that same judge working in other cities as long as it is outside of that schedule. Maybe I am thinking about it wrong.

I voted this morning. I do not care for anything that asks for more tax money.

There are other posts about some of the individual props.

I can foresee potential conflicts of interest arising between the municipalities affecting the decisions of such judges. I can also foresee a judge abusing powers by trying to influence decisions in one municipality based upon his allegiance to another municipality. When any conflict(s) would arise between municipalities such judges would necessarily have to recuse themselves from legal proceedings between the two. Imagine this on a higher level. Think of one county supervisor (or whatever is the applicable term here in TX) running two counties or one governor running multiple states. Would those be a problem; I think so, just as I believe there would be problems with one judge working for two towns or cities.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Sure. If an issue arose between two municipalities that a judge worked with, I agree that judge would have to recuse himself. Otherwise, I am not sure what issue there would be.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I almost missed my chance to vote. Got carried away, first grocery shopping, then making dinner for the dog and myself and finally sitting down for dinner and losing track of time. I wound up suddenly realizing it was 645 and my polling place closed at 7. Got my act together and headed to the village hall. (I cannot get used to calling it city hall, as they do here, in a town this small.) I got inside with about 3 minutes to spare. The lady behind the desk logged me in and another signed me in and handed me a ballot and right then someone asked how long they had to go and someone replied "two minutes". I voted and put the ballot in the box (how quaint) and was out of there but only after I unlocked the door to let myself out. The guy at the door locked it again after me.

So, I have cast my first ballot here in Texas and am quite happy about that. I wold have been kicking myself in mine arse had I missed the opportunity only to wait until next year. I feel that voting is one of our most important responsibilities as citizens. I believe our other great responsibility is taking the liberty to exercise what I find is our most important right - keeping and bearing arms. Both go a long way to keep down the tyrant but ultimately only one will put him down when he raises his ugly head and tyranny reigns.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Sounds like all except prop 1 passed.

Top Bottom