Target Sports

So, I'm at Dick's Sporting Goods Today.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I am amazed at the attitudes here. Wanting to control others, demand businesses behave a certain way.

The judgmental attitudes about other people, like a guy trying to make a living working at a sporting goods store.

Lol well they did cancel all their ar orders, blamed it on politics. then when they figured out they were contractually obligated to buy all those guns anyway. Sold em through a subsidiary.

Not a good way to make friends...
    Lynx Defense

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    yikes - upset over something so insignificant - doesn't register

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Dicks is scheduled to open a store in corpus christi this Friday....one day before deer season opens...I would say thats kinda late to sell to hunters...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Correction- its kinda late for deer hunters... I get all of my deer corn from academy and heb...

I plan to go after work Friday and check it out either way...don't plan on buying anything unless I find camping stuff at a great price...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Dicks shoes and team sports departments are hard to beat. I buy stuff when they have what I want at a good price.

Never bought hunting stuff. But did buy a Black Friday gun safe for $400.

You guys are trying to put them in the CTD category, and I don't think they belong there.

IMO they absolutely belong there. Canceled existing customer backorders for Troy AR's after Sandy Hook. Bowed to political pressure. No thanks, I'll spend my money with other companies with the same ideals in mind as me (or at least as close as possible) when I can.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    IMO they absolutely belong there. Canceled existing customer backorders for Troy AR's after Sandy Hook. Bowed to political pressure. No thanks, I'll spend my money with other companies with the same ideals in mind as me (or at least as close as possible) when I can.

That's very different than jacking up their prices by 12x. I don't have a huge problem with them cancelling the AR orders and not sellin AR's anymore. Its a line of product decision, based on political pressures. It was not their main line of business. As others have said, their gun department is a bit of an after-thought like they felt they needed to have one to be a complete sporting goods store. I can respect that from a business decision standpoint. I cannot respect a company taking their current prices, then multiplying times 10, just because they could.

At least Dick's kept their normal prices and didn't gouge anybody.

Top Bottom