deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Stolen:

If you start with the assumption that there is no other intelligent life in our solar system, then the next closest star is Proxima Centauri - 40,208,000,000,000 km away.

If an alien could travel from Proxima Centauri at the speed of light, an impossibility due to the Theory of Special Relativity, it would still take 4.22 years to arrive here.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Stolen:

If you start with the assumption that there is no other intelligent life in our solar system, then the next closest star is Proxima Centauri - 40,208,000,000,000 km away.

If an alien could travel from Proxima Centauri at the speed of light, an impossibility due to the Theory of Special Relativity, it would still take 4.22 years to arrive here.

You assume physics is absolute. Quantum physics says that's not true.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Quantum physics says that's not true. Nope!
    Maybe other life in the Universe, I don't care, I live here.
    If you can't tout UFO stuff, you can't get $$$ for space investigation - i.e. no JOB.
    Do you see Ru or China worrying about UFOs? Or spending any $ on investigations? Nope.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Quantum physics says that's not true. Nope!

Quantum physics is freaky, freaky stuff. It says matter can spontaneously pop into existence and lots of other mind-bending concepts. Once you get sub-atomic all the rules go out the window...so if there was technology that could scale quantum effects up to larger size, just about anything could be possible.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Quantum physics is freaky, freaky stuff. It says matter can spontaneously pop into existence and lots of other mind-bending concepts. Once you get sub-atomic all the rules go out the window...so if there was technology that could scale quantum effects up to larger size, just about anything could be possible.
    Sorry to butt in but I was reading about how our brains are more than likely working on quantum mechanics. It’s really huge and if explored could bridge the gaps to so many unexplained phenomena.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Sorry to butt in but I was reading about how our brains are more than likely working on quantum mechanics. It’s really huge and if explored could bridge the gaps to so many unexplained phenomena.

It would make sense, considering that they still don't understand how consciousness works considering the resources available in the physical brain. And I know trying to follow what I've read about quantum physics makes my physical brain hurt. Even the older, carefully spoonfed info in Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" made my head spin.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It would make sense, considering that they still don't understand how consciousness works considering the resources available in the physical brain. And I know trying to follow what I've read about quantum physics makes my physical brain hurt. Even the older, carefully spoonfed info in Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" made my head spin.
    It was exciting because maybe someday out of body experience can be explained or psychic phenomena. Maybe so far as to give us a window in the debate of life after death.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It was exciting because maybe someday out of body experience can be explained or psychic phenomena. Maybe so far as to give us a window in the debate of life after death.

With concepts like quantum entanglement being a proven, observed phenomena it doesn't seem like psychic phenomena would be that much of a stretch if brain activity is happening on a quantum level.

Top Bottom