• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    The older brother arrived today to match up with my M1A. A Springfield Armory M1 Garand in .308cal (believe there were only 10,000 of these produced). Couldn't go to the range since it was too late, but I spent the evening field stripping and listening to that en bloc eject. :D

IMG_4564.gif

IMG_4568.gif

IMG_4579.gif

IMG_4580.gif

IMG_4590.gif
    Military Camp

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Nice set of M1As.I have the Socom II and it has been 100 percent reliable out of the box.I can shoot tight groups with mine,give us a range report asap.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Nice set of M1As.I have the Socom II and it has been 100 percent reliable out of the box.I can shoot tight groups with mine,give us a range report asap.

Roger that... Might head to ASC tomorrow after work if the rain lets up. Might even take some video since it's my first time ever shooting this rifle, let alone a Garand. :D

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    I seen a badass stock the otherday for the MIA wish I would of booked marked it.
    You talking about the JAE-100.. I've been looking to get one real soon...

a_jae_100_dark_earth_full_color_147.jpg

Although, instead of modifying my M1A, I was thinking about picking up a SOCOM 16 and putting the JAE-100 on it.

jae100da4.jpg

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    I got a JAE100 on order for my M1A.

Not that it matters for my intended purpose, but the only consistant gripe you'll hear from folks is that you are pretty much committed to optics once you install it unless you want to take the cheek piece off. The cheek wield is too high othersize to effectivly use the irons without getting some serious comps from your chiropractor.

I was kicking around getting one since I first saw them over a year or two ago, but after seeing the difference it made in the accuracy on a friends M1A loaded and then trying it out for myself I decided to take the plunge on one.

Of course this just means I'll have to find another M1A to replace the current one in plain jane configuration.

Malladus

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    I got a JAE100 on order for my M1A.

Not that it matters for my intended purpose, but the only consistant gripe you'll hear from folks is that you are pretty much committed to optics once you install it unless you want to take the cheek piece off. The cheek wield is too high othersize to effectivly use the irons without getting some serious comps from your chiropractor.

I was kicking around getting one since I first saw them over a year or two ago, but after seeing the difference it made in the accuracy on a friends M1A loaded and then trying it out for myself I decided to take the plunge on one.

Of course this just means I'll have to find another M1A to replace the current one in plain jane configuration.

Malladus

Looks like the same route I'm going to have to follow. Buy another M1A to keep this one in original configuration.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Hey Cyfer,did you get to shoot your new rifle yet?

Well good and bad. Friday I took it out and put about 24 rounds through it (3 en enbloc clips) and it worked great. No problems at all. Then I took it out again yesterday and it shoots, but after the first or second round fired, the en bloc clip pops up. I tried looking for any solution or others that might run into the same issue with no luck. Any info from you guys would be a great help on what might be happening and how I can go about getting it fixed.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Let me ask the guy I work with as he has one like yours.Sorry to hear that you are having problems so soon.

Wayne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    First thing I would check is the clip latch spring. Take it out and stretch it a little and then run a few clips through the rifle. It is just a temporary fix. If it solves the problem ,order a new one from Orion 7 or Fulton Armory.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    First thing I would check is the clip latch spring. Take it out and stretch it a little and then run a few clips through the rifle. It is just a temporary fix. If it solves the problem ,order a new one from Orion 7 or Fulton Armory.

Ok, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

Wayne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    While you have it apart, check the little cut out area in your stock for the clip latch, If it a new stock the cut might be a little shallow. When the rifle is fired , it can hit the clip latch and cause this also. A lot of things can cause this , but this is the place to start.

Top Bottom