• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Obama chose Biden as a means to moderate his campaign. He is aiming for the independent and swing votes. Essentially he is bunkering down for a close race and is trying to get that last 1% before the votes even take place.

As far as Sharky, unfortunately riling up people on Texas Gun Talk is not going to change anything. In fact, arguing politics is an exercise in inefficient idiocy. Everything this country stands for and this country was, has been built by motivating the people.

The only reason why this country has gone to the dogs over the past 50 years has been laziness. Not the will of New World Order politicians, or liberals, or democrats, or anyone BUT the US population. We simply seek simple solutions, or fantastical hidden agenda as a means to excuse our inability to control our Government.

In 1790 if you didn't like the way something was ran, you petitioned your local government, you got people on your side, and you changed it. The local chair then took that to Congress.

What people fail to comprehend is that WE hold control over Congress, and WE hold control over the President. The point of no return is when WE as citizens of a Republic fail to hold our representatives accountable for our free will.

WE as a citizenry need to get off our asses, become educated in Governmental processes, and reinstitute responsibility on both sides of the Government.

The only way we do that is to stop arguing amongst ourselves and focus on the progress of LOGICAL means. It is equally illogical to ignore the situation, and to sit around stonewalling ones self in some unwavering position. One must not forget his goal, but must be able to take progress where-ever and whenever he can.
    Gun Zone Deals

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Obama chose Biden as a means to moderate his campaign. He is aiming for the independent and swing votes. Essentially he is bunkering down for a close race and is trying to get that last 1% before the votes even take place.

As far as Sharky, unfortunately riling up people on Texas Gun Talk is not going to change anything. In fact, arguing politics is an exercise in inefficient idiocy. Everything this country stands for and this country was, has been built by motivating the people.

The only reason why this country has gone to the dogs over the past 50 years has been laziness. Not the will of New World Order politicians, or liberals, or democrats, or anyone BUT the US population. We simply seek simple solutions, or fantastical hidden agenda as a means to excuse our inability to control our Government.

In 1790 if you didn't like the way something was ran, you petitioned your local government, you got people on your side, and you changed it. The local chair then took that to Congress.

What people fail to comprehend is that WE hold control over Congress, and WE hold control over the President. The point of no return is when WE as citizens of a Republic fail to hold our representatives accountable for our free will.

WE as a citizenry need to get off our asses, become educated in Governmental processes, and reinstitute responsibility on both sides of the Government.

The only way we do that is to stop arguing amongst ourselves and focus on the progress of LOGICAL means. It is equally illogical to ignore the situation, and to sit around stonewalling ones self in some unwavering position. One must not forget his goal, but must be able to take progress where-ever and whenever he can.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    I am not trying to "rile" anyone up, just stating that I am not going to capitulate in the destruction of what liberty I officially have left.

"What people fail to comprehend is that WE hold control over Congress, and WE hold control over the President."

Do you honestly in your heart of hearts believe this? I know I would like to believe this, but anyone I have ever voted for in the past has yet to represent me. "Write your congressman" I am told, I get some meaningless form letter/auto response - congressman continues doing whatever it is he/she was doing before I wrote the letter.

"The point of no return is when WE as citizens of a Republic fail to hold our representatives accountable for our free will."

That has certainly happened already.

"and reinstitute responsibility on both sides"

You assume there is a difference between the "sides". I don't want "sides", I want our liberty back - it is not in either of the "side's" interest to do that. Working within that system is like petitioning a slave master for freedom.

"It is equally illogical to ignore the situation"

I am far from ingnoring ANYTHING, I am simply choosing not to participate in my own destruction. The free state project is about amassing enough liberty-minded people in the same place so that we can exercise civil disobediance without being singled out and "dissapeared". Basically to force the state's hand - kinda hard to arrest 20,000 people for having rifles with 15" barrels - they can either admit defeat, or start using violence. And that will only expose the "gun in the room"......

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    "What people fail to comprehend is that WE hold control over Congress, and WE hold control over the President."

Do you honestly in your heart of hearts believe this? I know I would like to believe this, but anyone I have ever voted for in the past has yet to represent me.

I do, and so do you. Otherwise you wouldn't believe in this:

The free state project is about amassing enough liberty-minded people in the same place so that we can exercise civil disobediance without being singled out and "dissapeared". Basically to force the state's hand - kinda hard to arrest 20,000 people for having rifles with 15" barrels - they can either admit defeat, or start using violence. And that will only expose the "gun in the room"......

You believe that 20,000 people, when motivated, can change something. That is EXACTLY what I am talking about when I say we control Congress. If you had 20,000 people just bombarding the Texas Legislature for Open Carry then we would have it. Right now we have 20,000 people signing an online petition, which has yet to do anything. People have to be motivated, they have to get off the chair and get out and DO something.

The liberal agenda does exactly this. They get out and do, and it gets attention. While us conservatives stand around bitching about it at work or at home.

"Write your congressman" I am told, I get some meaningless form letter/auto response - congressman continues doing whatever it is he/she was doing before I wrote the letter.

Because you are one person. You are one vote. No politician cares about one person, or one vote, unless it has $500,000 addressed to him / her on the front.

You also have to bear in mind that there will always be someone that disagrees with you. Get two people on your side, and now you've overcome their ability to change anything.

Politicians only care about three things: themselves, votes, and money. Well, I'm broke and I'm fresh out of "unknown white powder substances", so that kinda narrows it down.

"The point of no return is when WE as citizens of a Republic fail to hold our representatives accountable for our free will."

That has certainly happened already.

Yes, decades ago.

"It is equally illogical to ignore the situation"

I am far from ingnoring ANYTHING, I am simply choosing not to participate in my own destruction.

It's your vote. The paragraphs I wrote aren't necessarily pointed to you either, just people in general.

The free state project is about amassing enough liberty-minded people in the same place so that we can exercise civil disobediance without being singled out and "dissapeared". Basically to force the state's hand - kinda hard to arrest 20,000 people for having rifles with 15" barrels - they can either admit defeat, or start using violence. And that will only expose the "gun in the room".

Cool deal. Keep me updated. So you are going to move up there? (New Hampshire was it?)

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    "I do, and so do you. Otherwise you wouldn't believe in this:"

No, I most certainly do NOT. When the state owns everything, including the courts - it will not allow anyone to use it's devices to destroy itself. Again, it's like petitioning a slave master for freedom. Look at the Heller case, classic example of the fox guarding the henhouse - they gave enough lipservice to pacify the NRA crowd and quietly re-asserted it's ability to regulate firearms out of existence. The free state project focuses on both using the system to tear itself down (an excercise in futility IMHO) and also civil disobedience - making the state irrelevant in daily life.

I am indeed thinking of moving to NH, lot of gun-related industry up there and it is at this point the free-est state left. I will be visiting in early November.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Show me how Mcain won't f#*k us and I will vote for him.

Can you even show me a REAL difference?

Go ahead, I'll wait......

This is an absurd argument. It is painfully obvious that Obama is a "tax until you bleed" Democrat that promises millions in aditional spending in hundreds of new or expanded programs... and probably wants you to have your guns well cared for by the government. (don't believe me? look at his website)

McCain is substantially better fiscally and is against repealing the Bush tax cuts. Unless you want to fork over even more of your weekly paycheck, and go back to the days of inheritance taxes plus huge taxes on selling your house, I'd click the big R...

Even if you aren't a big McCain supporter (which I am not).

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    The free state project is about amassing enough liberty-minded people in the same place so that we can exercise civil disobediance without being singled out and "dissapeared". Basically to force the state's hand - kinda hard to arrest 20,000 people for having rifles with 15" barrels - they can either admit defeat, or start using violence. And that will only expose the "gun in the room"......

So let me see if I understand this right, your idea of Civil and Peaceful is manufacturing illegal firearms in an atemp to provoke the US Government into a Violent confrontation? You and your friends are basing this off the opinion that the US Government can't arrest 20,000 people? I would seriously reconsider this move. Sure you have the BATF out numbered by like 17,000 people. But just how many people are currecntly active in the US Armed Forces...500,000? And don't think for one minute the Government want use our troops on US soil...remember the Civil war or the Bonus amry? How about Katrina where they had BlackWater USA on the ground in New Orleans? I think BlackWater alone has some 10,000 troops or more. That is just one of the many private security services that is based in the US that contract out to the US Government.

All your supposed Civil and Peaceful actions are going to do is promote more gun legislation for the rest of us. This is how laws like: The 1938 NFA, 1986 MG, and 1994 AWB got support. If you do a search, there is currently another AWB (HR1022) already waiting for some group like The Free State Project to help give it support. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Personaly, if I was going to atemp a major change in this country, I would move that 20,000 people to Washington DC. Then I would pool my money and hire me a team of Lawyers to work together with Heller to help our brothers and Sisters in a legal non violent way. That or move them to Illinoise are Massachusetts.

Best of luck,
    Ray

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    "So let me see if I understand this right, your idea of Civil and Peaceful is manufacturing illegal firearms in an atemp to provoke the US Government into a Violent confrontation?"

No, that was just an example that would be understood on a firearms board. Besides, can you tell me the violent part of manufacturing a rifle with a 15" barrel? When in the bill or rights are barrels less than 16" prohibited? To be a crime, there must be a victim - can you identify a victim from the act of putting a 15" barrel on a rifle?

"You and your friends are basing this off the opinion that the US Government can't arrest 20,000 people?"

They probably can - google "fema camp" and see what comes up. But like I said, this would expose the "gun in the room" to even the most naive people out there. The fact that your government is willing to put people in cages or kill them over a non-crime like that is very telling of the intent of said government.

"But just how many people are currecntly active in the US Armed Forces...500,000?"

Armed forces personnel take an oath to defend against all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC, some federal puke killing or imprisoning someone over exercising an ENUMERATED, NOT granted right certainly qualifies as a domestic enemy. Any armed forces member who does NOT come to aid of such a person should be guilty of TREASON. All of those pieces of $hit in the Guard that went door-to-door in New Orleans helping that criminal Nagan disarm citizens should be tried for treason.

"And don't think for one minute the Government want use our troops on US soil...remember the Civil war or the Bonus amry?"

They might just do that, again - it would only show them for the violent control freaks they are.

"How about Katrina where they had BlackWater USA on the ground in New Orleans? I think BlackWater alone has some 10,000 troops or more. That is just one of the many private security services that is based in the US that contract out to the US Government."

Scary stuff, but people fight much harder and dirtier when their home is on the line. Remember, a bunch of peasants beat the greatest military in the world to form this country.

"All your supposed Civil and Peaceful actions are going to do is promote more gun legislation for the rest of us. This is how laws like: The 1938 NFA, 1986 MG, and 1994 AWB got support. If you do a search, there is currently another AWB (HR1022) already waiting for some group like The Free State Project to help give it support."

Licking their boots is not going to make them go away.......

"Then I would pool my money and hire me a team of Lawyers to work together with Heller to help our brothers and Sisters in a legal non violent way."

If you honestly think the Heller decision was a "win" for gun-rights, I have some ocean-front property for sale in Kansas.......
    FSP does not want to initiate violence, manufacturing a 15" rifle is not violent.......some BATFE thug busting down your door and killing your pets and putting you in a cage or a coffin most certainly IS.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This thread has about outlived it's usefulness. I think the one thing we can ALL agree on here is that none of us are really happy with the laws as they are, and they definitely need changing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom