• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    CORPUS CHRISTI — The owner of a South Texas convenience store has been arrested for murder after shooting a man attempting to steal beer from his shop.
    Rodney James Duve was being held Sunday in the Nueces County jail with bond set at $35,000. Corpus Christi police say a 39-year-old man came into his store Saturday evening and took a 12-pack of beer before attempting to flee.
    The 52-year-old Duve was arrested at the store. The robbery suspect, who has not been identified, was taken to a hospital where he died.
    A police spokeswoman did not immediately return a phone message seeking more information.
    http://m.yourhoustonnews.com/mobile...cle_ff39c413-1650-500d-a60f-195979a4dce0.html
    Gun Zone Deals

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I saw this last night on the news and it left me wondering what they haven't told us......
    There has to be more to the story, imho..

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Another story said shooting was around 8pm, sunset was 712pm that night. Looks like it may be a good shoot.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I couldn't link to the local paper because they're behind a pay wall. But local news didn't have much more. Seems to be cut and dry shooting of a shoplifter wanting a 12 pack of beer... After sunset.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Words like "reasonably believe", and "immediately necessary" come into play. Also, there are further restrictions to use deadly force from fleeing with property immediately after committing theft during the nighttime.

And was he an employee or an owner. If he is an employee there are additional justifications that mist he met to protect a third persons property.

The law does not say that deadly force is justified if you "feel" it is needed

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Words like "reasonably believe", and "immediately necessary" come into play. Also, there are further restrictions to use deadly force from fleeing with property immediately after committing theft during the nighttime.

And was he an employee or an owner. If he is an employee there are additional justifications that mist he met to protect a third persons property.

The law does not say that deadly force is justified if you "feel" it is needed

He was the owner.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'd love to hear more of the story. Shooting a supposedly known gang member while he was trying to get out of the store?

Was there a confrontation? Was the door locked and he was tearing the place up and threatening people? Was the shop owner trying to send a message? Or was he just an idiot?

More info will hopefully come out soon.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    That's what I was thinking. Legally justified. Morally not so much.

Sent from my Obama phone.

Bullshit it wasn't "morally justified", **** a thief. That goes double for some idiot stealing beer, if it was bread or milk for his family I'd have some semblance of sympathy.

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Bullshit it wasn't "morally justified", $#@! a thief. That goes double for some idiot stealing beer, if it was bread or milk for his family I'd have some semblance of sympathy.

I'm a little tossed up on this one... Whatever happens economically it's gonna cost him far for than that beer to get off, IF he gets off...

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    His Bond was set at 35K, so $3500.00 to a Bondsman and he's out (I think he is already).

Pretty low Bond for a "Murder". I have a feeling a Grand Jury may not indict him.

Top Bottom