• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    If more thugs were shot for theft, incidences of theft might go down. Just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Military Camp

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm sure what point you think I have. I'm just trying to understand your logic.

I read that you think the shoot is justified. I agree the law seems to agree with that. I never argued against the law. In fact I never argued a point. Though the law is on my side, I don't think I would have shot in that situation if it was just shoplifting. My choice, my right to choose. Not asking anyone to support or condemn that decision.

I was interested in the opinions of others.
    I'm trying to understand the logic behind your thinking and how far it goes. You're entitled to your opinion like everyone else. It has no impact on me.

If I've misunderstood please clarify.

You don't care if it is beer or even a pack of gum - theft is theft. The law is on your side, it's justified, shoot.

You would feel the same way if it was your kid. Not saying you wouldn't feel bad and mourn, but you would find no fault in the shooter.

If it was your store and a family member took beer or gum you would make the same decision and shoot.

Do I have that right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Absolutely not.

My original statement was purely a criticism of your (and obama's "treyvon could look like my son") rhetorical question.
    Trying to correlate the deceased to your son or daughter. It's an attempt to cloud the discussion my injecting a very powerful emotional attachment. Most people can see no wrong with their children.

I've made this point a couple times. If you infer that I picked a side from the previous statement. It would be a bad inference.

Then I hedged my statement not picking a side with this language. (When judging is the key word or neutrality)

When judging whether a shooting is justified, it makes no difference who the shot guy is. It depends on the circumstances leading up to the shooting.

This is where I start talking about my judgement of the situation.
    I personally view it as an economic decision. In no way is that 12 back more valuable than the cost needed to exonerate myself from the shooting.

I've been in that situation with stuff literally pulled out of my hands and ran out the door. My first instinct was to fight back. (A point on the side of the shooter)
    Then I learned the second or third time, the laptop or camera wasn't worth my own physical harm... (Reached the conclusion not to risk life for materials)

Now sitting on a jury, I don't know how I would rule... (Me saying I don't know)

On the other side it should make no difference if the guy is a thug gang banger. (This is an attempt to illicit prejudice that the guy is a long time criminal and infers he's a good for nothing low life scum)

My statement at the end of the day is purely a criticism of your question trying to illicit an emotional connection with the victim. (Whether you realize it or not)

zen1300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    My statement at the end of the day is purely a criticism of your question trying to illicit an emotional connection with the victim. (Whether you realize it or not)

You read more than what was there. I was not making a judgement on the owners actions. I also didn't care enough to read anything about victim to even associate with him. I know nothing about him, not a thing. Comparing this to Obama was simply over-reaching.

I was simply curious as to whether those with the firm justified stance maintained the stance if it were their kid.

Obviously this struck a chord with you and you felt that I had some liberal agenda, without knowing anything about me. Pretty laughable actually.

No liberal agenda, just curious, as I mentioned several times.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You read more than what was there. I was not making a judgement on the owners actions. I also didn't care enough to read anything about victim to even associate with him. I know nothing about him, not a thing. Comparing this to Obama was simply over-reaching.

I was simply curious as to whether those with the firm justified stance maintained the stance if it were their kid.

Obviously this struck a chord with you and you felt that I had some liberal agenda, without knowing anything about me. Pretty laughable actually.

No liberal agenda, just curious, as I mentioned several times.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I personally thought it was inadvertent. But intent isn't as important as the end result ...

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Perps brother speaks out....Brother was a slow learner...

CORPUS CHRISTI - David Garcia's brother, Hector Garcia says the family didn't know about David's death until the medical examiner notified them on Tuesday.

He says even though his brother had a criminal past, he thinks shooting him in the head was too extreme.

"He could've got shot in the leg or something like that but he got shot in the head, come on you know, you can't take a person's life shooting them in the head," Hector said.

He described the kind of man David was during his short life. "David was a nice man.. and outgoing," he added.

Hector says it was no secret that his big brother had hit a rough patch in his life. In fact, he had just finished doing 13 years in prison, on theft charges. However, Hector says his poor life choices were no reason for him to lose his life.

"It's just hard you know what I mean, you know he messed up stealing beer and all that but he didn't deserve to lose his life over that," Hector said.

He says he was shocked to hear that Rodney Duve, the shop owner charged with David's murder, had a bond set at $35,000.

"That's at $3,500 to get out, that's not fair, he took my brother's life, his life needs to be taken too, stay in prison," he said.

Meanwhile, the Garcia's are working to put together funeral arrangements for their loved one's unexpected death.

"We're having trouble getting money together, to do the funeral arrangements right now, the life insurance isn't covering nothing so we're going to have to pay out of pocket," Hector explained.

He says they hope to hold a benefit this Saturday in memory of David, they don't know where it will be held yet.

Brother Speaks

Top Bottom