• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Midlifer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Interesting article from Time magazine. You have to wonder what they were smoking...

the Alamo has been a shrine run by the daughters of the Texas revolution for decades. The battle was not as movies portrayed but it makes for a good story. Sorry, the facts of the battle don’t meet the story.
    Target Sports

Hippie Farmer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    Atascosa County
    Texas Monthly ran the same kind of article to promote a book of lies about Texas history. On Facebook, Jerry Patterson, a former Texas state senator, Texas Land Commissioner, and a retired Marine Vietnam veteran responded to Texas Monthly. I won't try to copy and paste his lengthy, point-by-point rebuttal to the lying revisionist book authors but I recommend it as a good starting point for researching the Alamo and that particular historical location.
    Here is a link to Jerry Patterson's FB page. https://www.facebook.com/Patterson4TX/
    The lengthy response to Texas Monthly can be found there.
    Is there someplace we can read his reply without going to FaceBook?

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Now that it's digital, it's primary value of lining bird cages is nonexistent.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Simple reasoning behind the story. What Time Is It was PO'd at the NY Times for making up and publishing the 1619 hallucination, and felt they had to respond with more hallucinatory "history".

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    That story is anti-immigration. Just because the immigrant invasion was sorta kinda European they were wrong.

Spanish language comes from Spain. It’s also Europe.

Immigrants who came in the mid 1900s got it right. These people are peanut-butter-and-jealous

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Time is mostly bovine feces. A good well researched accounting (IMO) of those events in history can be found in Brian Kilmeade’s book, titled, “Sam Houston & the Alamo Avengers.”
    I found it to be a great read…well researched.
    I took your advice and purchased Kilmeade's book, which I'll read once I finish volume 2 of Savage Frontier by Stephan Moore (which I highly recommend the series).

VNK971

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Mico, TX
    There are a couple more books that are worth reading. Forgotten Battlefield of the First Texas Revolution, by Ted Schware, about the Battle of Medina, August 18, 1813. A second, about the Alamo, Blood of Heroes, by James Donovan.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There are a couple more books that are worth reading. Forgotten Battlefield of the First Texas Revolution, by Ted Schware, about the Battle of Medina, August 18, 1813. A second, about the Alamo, Blood of Heroes, by James Donovan.
    Welcome to the Forum!

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    You know what I tell people who tell me the land was taken away from them? They should have fought harder. Asshole comment of the day: Sam7sf.
    Tshirthell has a shirt for that

LGgB1Vl.gif

Top Bottom