• Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Not gonna waste my time reading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I skimmed, but probably should have just read your post first and been done.

What a shock that Pro-Mexican side disagrees with the outcome of history and are all about writing history in their favor. Their attempt at saying this or that didn't occur doesn't change the fact that things ended up the way they are and they lost. If they don't like it then "come and take it (back)" instead of complaining on the internet about your feelings.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I just skimmed the article, but the writer is some SJW commie who has zero clue to the Alamo battle and the politics surrounding it. He ignores the fact that Mexicans, along with anglos, were pissed at Santa Anna's tyrannical rule. That Santa Anna completely threw away the Mexican Constitution and ruled a dictatorship, having no problem of executing many Mexicans at the drop of a hat. That the rebels did not fight for Texas to become part of America, but to be its own independent nation. And on, and on...

Just more hatred-of-America bullshit from a pathetic magazine that was full of shit starting many decades ago.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Real Texans still hold that the Alamo is considered sacred ground for many reasons. That real men were willing to fight and sacrifice for independence, and from tyranny, just like many of our ancestors did during the fight for independence from England.

These idiots writing this nonsense think they can change history by rewriting it to their accounts. Sorry, but us Texans have a long history of remembering the Alamo, and what it truly means.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Somehow, these idiots imagine our heros should have been more than just men, who had moments of greatness as well as human imperfections and weaknesses...

Personally, it matters not to me whether Davy Crockett begged for his life at the end, or that Travis made mistakes in command that sealed the fate of the defenders, or that he clashed with Bowie. I'm inspired by the fact that everyday men can become heroes.

Tell me that Ben Highsmith was no hero, though he survived the Alamo, by vent of having been sent with message to Fannin...

Even though the Alamo delay was only four days, it was enough to seal a win at San Jacinto...

It is hard to imagine that, if Texas had not won it's freedom, Mexico would be any better than it is today, or that Texas would be as great.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I remember when everyone in this country was enraged because of things that Soviet Premier Khrushchev said about communism taking over the world.

Not even Khrushchev could have expected the way the communists have been taking over this country. Don't think that tearing down statues and memorials was just a little anger being vented. It's calculated to make sure that we ignore our history and accept the crap they're feeding us as our only choice for the future.

Can you find bad things to say about historical figures? Sure. They were human and so were flawed by definition. That doesn't mean that they weren't heroes. Khalil Gibran wrote:

"You have been told that even as a chain you are as weak as your weakest link.
    That is but half the truth.
    You are also as strong as your strongest link.
    To measure you by your smallest deed is to reckon the power of the ocean by the frailty of it's foam.
    To judge you by your failures is to cast blame on the seasons for their inconsistency."

Top Bottom