Target Sports

So Wal-Street isn't totaly awash with brain dead Fed addicts afterall!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Be prepared: Wall Street advisor recommends guns, ammo for protection in collapse | WashingtonExaminer.com

This guy actually gets it.

I really like the comment on the article that goes as follows"

I asked my financial guy, should I invest in gold? He said, no, lead-and make sure it has gun powder behind it....true story

So do you guys think the PTB will be able to continue this slow mo decline or do you think once the next major bubble bursts our country will be thrown into full blown turmoil? I really hope we can make a difference in 2014 and start to get things back on track but there is ALLOT of work to be done to even make a dent in the destruction of our economy and Constitution. I feel even with a congress full of responsible legislators, too much damage has already been done to come back from. I try to be optimistic but it's becoming increasingly harder and harder.

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    I don't think we'll make it to the mid terms. The bubble is inflating fast right now and when it bursts this time the fed has no more cans to kick down the road in its bag of tricks. It will probably take a few months but when you hear they are closing the banks "for a few days" then it's already happened and you have about 72 hours to get to your bug out.
    of course as always that's just my opinion.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately the economy needs to crash because its been so over inflated. The market has been hitting record highs based off of pumped up debt injected to keep it going. CEOs and shareholders dont care where the profits come from and if its sustainable or real. Once the Fed starts reducing its bond buying things should start cooling off. They are just hoping it doesnt tank after multiple years of artifically low rates.

As far as the specific investment CEO in the article i dont know how much he is relying on market signals vs personal gut feelings and belief.

All i know is when you step back, our economy looks like a massive bubble without much to prop it up.

Last edited:

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I gave up on investing a long time ago.
    Even when bread is $1,500/loaf, guns and alcohol are still desired at the same value if not more, than before a disaster.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The Fed will hold around 4.6 trillion in bonds next year and thats with tapering their bond buying program!

They cut the interest rates about as low as they could. Then to keep the rates low they bought bonds like never before, creating excess monetary supply tying our dollar to nothing of actual value...whats the next step to "keep the economy going"?

The market has been demanding the Fed do "something" when what they should have done was nearly nothing and we wouldnt have had the big housing market bubble and burst.

I barely understand the basics of our economy and monetary policy so i dont know how "Joe 6 pack" is supposed to understand it.

The 12 presidents of the federal reserve banks are some of the most powerful people in our country and they dont agree on what to do next and dont really know whats happening with their impact on the economy and it should scare the hell out of everyone that their next move will be a collective guess.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We'll see what happens when the Feds cease the pumping of funds into the economy. "Pray for the best but prepare for the worst"

Their idea is that tapering their buying will spread out the effects over a long term will help minimize the markets reaction. Previously all it took was one word spoken about reducing QE and the markets shook with fury so if they actually start turning off the money supply, i dont see how it wont bring about a large correction.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I don't think it's going to happen as fast as a few of you think it will. It's been "any month now" for the past twenty years that I've been paying attention.

On the other hand, if you compare the return on ammo versus gold versus dollars over the past ten or twenty years, I think ammo would have returned many times its value, gold a few times its value, and dollars a half or three-quarter value loss.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Im not predicting any sudden calamity. The economy of the US is increasingly tied to other countries which is good and bad. Also part of economics cannot be explained. Who knows what crazy world trend may push things one way or another.

I do think that our economy is built on artificial money and its very dangerous but the Chinese would hate to lose us as a market so they may invest even more.

Who knows? But if we compare our current situation to historical markets/economies, we are basically in uncharted water.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Their idea is that tapering their buying will spread out the effects over a long term will help minimize the markets reaction. Previously all it took was one word spoken about reducing QE and the markets shook with fury so if they actually start turning off the money supply, i dont see how it wont bring about a large correction.

Not doubt that it most definetly will have an affect on the market, hell wind direction has an effect on the dag gum market. I believe the slow and low tactic will give the markets the best advantage of adjusting while keeping damage to a minimum. It's gonna get rocky but a complete collapse, even worse than the most recent? Though plausible I believe it to be highly unlikely...

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Im not predicting any sudden calamity. The economy of the US is increasingly tied to other countries which is good and bad. Also part of economics cannot be explained. Who knows what crazy world trend may push things one way or another.

I do think that our economy is built on artificial money and its very dangerous but the Chinese would hate to lose us as a market so they may invest even more.

Who knows? But if we compare our current situation to historical markets/economies, we are basically in uncharted water.

Think this pretty well sums up why we haven't collapsed long ago. We are the reserve currency for the world and have billions of people to spread our inflation out among when other countries (or individuals) buy our gov bonds. If any country is finally successful in breaking our monopoly on world reserve currency then we are in for big trouble when all those bonds get cashed in a panic and all that money supply gets dumped into our markets in very short order. Might not be Wiemar Republic level hyper inflation but it will still be pretty damn bad if this does happen. Unfortunately if it doesn't happen anytime soon then the problem just compounds and we could send the entire world economy reeling. Damned if we do damned if we don't.

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    China is making very obvious ploys to take over as the worlds reserve currency and they seem to be having success so far.

Top Bottom