• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    AR15 5.56/.223 Vortex Razor HD Gen III - Cross-eye dominate. Ran across an article and read that when using a scope on a rifle cross-eye dominance is a non-factor. Only comes into play with iron sights. Correct?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Dang. You got rich people problems. Lol. They are proud of that thing ! I think it's correct to say cross eye dominant is a non factor with scopes. May make for an akward cheek weld, idk for sure.

LOL.... Yeah first world problem for sure. As I understand it.... 1X is red dot mode - both eyes open. Start reaching out there distance wise I can use non-dominate eye w/o issue.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ISee No Problem Here Crazy Eyes GIF - ISeeNoProblemHere CrazyEyes GIFs

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    AR15 5.56/.223 Vortex Razor HD Gen III - Cross-eye dominate. Ran across an article and read that when using a scope on a rifle cross-eye dominance is a non-factor. Only comes into play with iron sights. Correct?
    It depends. Can you close your dominant eye and use your non-dominant eye?

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I haven't noticed being cross eye dominant and shooting rifles with a scope to really make a difference. You zero the scope to the nondominant eye, so it still hits point of aim. Might be a bit more difficult if you're doing both eyes open, but for range time that doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    I haven't noticed being cross eye dominant and shooting rifles with a scope to really make a difference. You zero the scope to the nondominant eye, so it still hits point of aim. Might be a bit more difficult if you're doing both eyes open, but for range time that doesn't matter.

I must be some kind of cross dominance freak then. To shoot a rifle with a scope or irons right handed, I pretty much have to physically cover my left eye.

I’m a big fan of red dots. :laughing:

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I must be some kind of cross dominance freak then. To shoot a rifle with a scope or irons right handed, I pretty much have to physically cover my left eye.

I’m a big fan of red dots. :laughing:
    Like I said, both eyes open isn't easy, but shooting with the dominant eye closed should be fine. I just shoulder the rifle, close my dominant eye and look down the scope with my off eye.

Top Bottom