Join TexasGunTalk

So What Did You Get In The First Panic Buy Of 2020

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Glenn B, Mar 26, 2020.

1. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Active Member

May 2, 2015
    I had a bathroom project that was very similar. Started it and left it for 7 years or so until I was selling the house and then finished it. Being single with two bathrooms made it easy to ignore.

Glenn B and Dancing Heretik like this.
  2. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Active Member

Nothing more than following directions. Most any good reloading manual will have instruction more than adequate to use everything you bought. I like Hornady.

Start some place quiet and read it first. Just the part for what you want to do, pistol or rifle. Then start over with a dozen or so empty shells and the rest of the supplies to do a dozen.

Read the first step, do the first step. Read the second step, do the second step.

It really is that easy.

If you run in to any thing you aren't sure of STOP right there, mark your spot in the book. Read through the directions again starting at the begining out to the end and a lot of times if will start to make sense when you see what is coming next or you may catch something you missed up to that point and an "ah ha" moment occurs.

If you are still flummoxed come on back right here and we will all get ya through it.

3. Glenn B

Glenn B Well-Known TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    I learn much better when through multiple inputs. Listening to instructions is one thing, reading or viewing good instructions another, having hand on lessons taught to me another. The more the better to get it all to sink in. I may watch a few online videos about it.

4. Hboy35

Hboy35 New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    College Station
    I didn't buy a single thing so far. I am waiting till it is all over and hoping to pick up some good deals on BNIB "used" guns.

peakshooter likes this.
  5. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Active Member

May 2, 2015
    Sounds like the tapes I used when in college. "Where there is a will there is a way". They taught see it, say it, hear it, do it and write it. If you do that multiple times it will make it stick in your brain better. I used this technique with great success. Still do when needed.

I also just bought a Refurbished Strike Eagle 1-6X24 RIFLESCOPE from AA Optics. $235 is a good price.

Axxe55 and Glenn B like this.
  6. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    More importantly than how to flush it is how to clean it and recharge it when needed (Hint: abt every 2 days)

7. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Active Member

My teaching motto, "Tell me. Show me. Let me try. Repeat as needed." but ya rarely get everything ya want and even more rarely for free. Some times I have to just make do.

toddnjoyce and Glenn B like this.
  8. Glenn B

Glenn B Well-Known TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    Maybe now but not when I used to tell kids ghost stories around a campfire.

9. TechOps

TechOps New Member

Sep 2, 2019
    Austin
    Same here. I like to buy low and sell high, which also helps smooth the price curve for everyone else, by injecting supply into the market when it's constrained.

10. peakshooter

peakshooter New Member Forum Sponsor

Feb 20, 2020
    Burnet, Tx
    I got amusement from people's behavior, especially everyone buying their first gun with no intention of putting in the time it takes to be proficient.

I got caught up on yard work thanks to my two kids staying home from school.

I had the rest of the stuff I need already.

My prediction is that about 6 months from now the used gun ("like new") market will be red hot.

Hboy35, deemus and Axxe55 like this.