• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    No, I just didn’t and don’t see anything to panic about.

And maybe it’s just from being raised in Texas, but I have no interest in running out and buying cases of ammo so I can resell it and **** over the guy who went to the store after me only to find the shelf I’d emptied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope you are not implying that you think I am about to run out to sell cases of ammo to screw others over. I have not ever screwed anyone when selling anything. Check my feedback (user name: gbarthgwt) on GunBroker.com - items I have listed are often said by the buyers to be in exactly or better shape than I described because I go out of my way to give conservative estimates of condition on things I sell as opposed to doing some sort of unethical deal. When I sell, of course I sell with the hope of making a profit but never with the hope or intention of screwing anyone and I have only ever offered things for sale at honest and fair prices -sometimes better than you would find anywhere else (such as when I sold some of my ammo when leaving NY). As for selling the ammo that I just bought, no chance of it; as I think I have said more than once, I am replenishing my inventory that I sold off when I left NY and have been doing that steadily since August.
    Military Camp

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I, in all honesty, probably have not eaten a Pop Tart in 25 years or more. Now Twinkies - or better yet Yodels (do they still make Yodels???) they could be in demand if this turns into a Zombie Apocalypse.
    Twinkies went to shit when Hostess broke the union, Now they are made in Mexico & shipped frozen.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Twinkies went to shit when Hostess broke the union, Now they are made in Mexico & shipped frozen.
    Well, that's too bad I guess they would not be the best choice for a Zombie Apocalypse after all if they shipped frozen or would come from South of the border. Then again, I don't really expect I'd rely on Twinkies as a survival food in a Zombie Apocalypse if ever there could be such a thing. Peanut butter would be more the way to go.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Only an unprepared fool would start buying when everyone is panicking.

Probably the same type of fool that would give CTD a second chance or require a BOS or hope they can screw over other gun owners in another way by reselling it at panic prices.

I support the 2nd Amendment but......

Quit New Yorking my Texas!

You know, that truly deserves more of a reply than that I gave earlier; PM sent.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    You know, that truly deserves more of a reply than that I gave earlier; PM sent.
    Well, could not PM it as there is a 420 character limit; so here it is for all to see:

Only an unprepared fool would start buying when everyone is panicking.

Probably the same type of fool that would give CTD a second chance or require a BOS or hope they can screw over other gun owners in another way by reselling it at panic prices.

I support the 2nd Amendment but......

Quit New Yorking my Texas!

And there I was thinking it was a certain type of Texans (like you and by that I just mean the pricks not the nice folks I have met here who are in the great majority) who were screwing over gun and ammo buyers during this panic. After all - where is Cheaper Than Dirt located, where were they founded, where are they from - the answer: deep in the heart of Texas:

CTD was born in Texas: Read their story here: https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/company-info/our-story/our-story.html

Here is their current address:

Cheaper Than Dirt!
    P.O. Box 162087
    Fort Worth, TX 76161
    Source: https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/contact-us

Now I may have forgiven CTD once, after believing they had changed their ways and would no longer screw over gun owners but I will not again. If you think it shameful or wrong or foolish to forgive though, then you and I are most definitely not of the same mold. I was brought up to allow forgiveness if it appeared someone had made amends for past transgressions. Then again, should they keep transgressing, forgiveness goes out the window. Is that what you consider New Yorking or foolish?

You, as usual when responding to one of my posts, criticize me for often using a bill of sale when I sell a firearm or for wanting one from the seller when I purchase one. You seem to think this is some type of New York phenomenon that is alien to Texas. Yet for some odd reason that does not agree with your reasoning on the subject, the Texas Gun Trader site says this:

We recommend utilizing our Firearms Bill of Sale when selling a firearm.
    Source: https://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=28&b=137.

I guess by your logic that must mean the folks at Texas Gun Trader must be foolish, anti-constitutional & especially anti 2nd Amendment; you know - like you think about New Yorkers.

Or is it my buying ammo considered New Yorking and foolish by you. You buy it (mostly 22LR as I recall from one of your previous posts in another thread) and you reload it - so what. Do you think it foolish I was planning on continuing to replenish my ammo inventory at a decent pace over the next few months but then decided to buy everything I could just recently because I saw the panic coming. I realized if I waited prices would become prohibitive (exactly as they have become) and would prevent me from replenishing my inventory as I had planned over the next few months. Was making a large purchase, recently, at less than normal prices with my discount and free shipping really your definition of being foolish and of New Yoking?

It is not a relocated New Yorker who is screwing gun owners, as you seemingly would have others believe, by selling at outrageous prices and how dare you even hint by implication I would do such. Nor is it a New Yorker who is giving Texans a bad name. No sir it is not a New Yorker but certain Texans, evidently your own kind and that comes as no big surprise to me after dealing with you in these forums. While most folks here in Texas have been friendly, welcoming, honest and fair toward me and others I know who have moved here - that has not been the way you reacted. You and your attitude, along with CTD and their practices, just go to show that even the Great State of Texas has it's nasty faults because when it comes to screwing Texans and Texas, it is other Texans like CTD and you who are doing it. CTD by astronomical pricing on ammo and you by way of destroying the friendly picture of Texans that others had before they encountered you. Thank goodness you are not the typical Texan that I have met. The typical Texan - in my experience - is a gentleman or a lady and is fair, honest, polite, courteous, well mannered, and friendly.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And there I was thinking it was a certain type of Texans (like you and by that I just mean the pricks not the nice folks I have met here who are in the great majority) who were screwing over gun and ammo buyers during this panic. After all - where is Cheaper Than Dirt located, where were they founded, where are they from - the answer: deep in the heart of Texas:

The original Mickey Tenny CTD that did the show circuit in early 90s, really was "cheaper than dirt". By far, SKS for $69, Milled MAK90s for $149, and so on.

You, as usual when responding to one of my posts, criticize me for often using a bill of sale when I sell a firearm or for wanting one from the seller when I purchase one. You seem to think this is some type of New York phenomenon that is alien to Texas. Yet for some odd reason that does not agree with your reasoning on the subject, the Texas Gun Trader site says this:

Source: https://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=28&b=137.

I guess by your logic that must mean the folks at Texas Gun Trader must be foolish, anti-constitutional & especially anti 2nd Amendment; you know - like you think about New Yorkers.

The BOS of sale crowd is mostly uninformed, relying on gun store BS to come to the decision to use a BOS. Over the years here, we have documented with actual data why a BOS is useless and will get you into more trouble than it can get you out of. Prove me wrong by naming 5 cases where a BOS jammed someone up. Can't do it? You are uninformed.

With recent rulings from ATF encouraging folks to use an FFL for FTF, the BOS has outlived its usefulness.

paveknife

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    DFW
    The original Mickey Tenny CTD that did the show circuit in early 90s, really was "cheaper than dirt". By far, SKS for $69, Milled MAK90s for $149, and so on.

The BOS of sale crowd is mostly uninformed, relying on gun store BS to come to the decision to use a BOS. Over the years here, we have documented with actual data why a BOS is useless and will get you into more trouble than it can get you out of. Prove me wrong by naming 5 cases where a BOS jammed someone up. Can't do it? You are uninformed.

With recent rulings from ATF encouraging folks to use an FFL for FTF, the BOS has outlived its usefulness.

Sorry, did I miss something about the Bill of Sale? If I sell a gun that my name is the last in a chain of "official" paperwork, I'd like something that proves that I sold it... Most of my FTF transfers in WA were FFL, but that had more to do with pending legislation than anything else.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry, did I miss something about the Bill of Sale? If I sell a gun that my name is the last in a chain of "official" paperwork, I'd like something that proves that I sold it... Most of my FTF transfers in WA were FFL, but that had more to do with pending legislation than anything else.

Well if you just joined Saturday, yes, you missed something about the Bill of Sale.

Top Bottom