• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What? This guy dealt, according to your linked article, 108 firearms in a 3 year period. That's gonna qualify as a dealer all day long. Selling a couple here and there? Come on now.

So you also missed the US Attorney General stating they have prosecuted folks for dealing without a license with only a single firearm sold?
    Capitol Armory ad

paveknife

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    DFW
    It was his BOS that got him caught.

Abramski sold ONE, repeat one gun, with no profit and was convicted.

Dude, that case was about a Straw purchase, and the guy changed his defense multiple times.

From the wiki you linked -

Abramski modified his defense and claimed that the misrepresentation was not material because the law only cares about the person buying the gun from the dealer, not the final receiver of the gun. The Court disagreed with this interpretation and held that the law cared about the final receiver, which is properly considered the person buying the gun. Such straw arrangements, the Court held, are different from allowed transfers where a person buys a gun for himself and later decides to sell it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Dude, that case was about a Straw purchase, and the guy changed his defense multiple times.

From the wiki you linked -

Abramski modified his defense and claimed that the misrepresentation was not material because the law only cares about the person buying the gun from the dealer, not the final receiver of the gun. The Court disagreed with this interpretation and held that the law cared about the final receiver, which is properly considered the person buying the gun. Such straw arrangements, the Court held, are different from allowed transfers where a person buys a gun for himself and later decides to sell it.

Again, it is not what he did, but the fact his records got him in trouble. No one in the firearms community would have said what Abramski did was illegal. Folks did it all the time and thought they were following the law since xfer went through FFL.

No records, no problems.

What part of that are you not getting?

eta

and no such thing as a straw purchase, in the law.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    So you also missed the US Attorney General stating they have prosecuted folks for dealing without a license with only a single firearm sold?

That doesn't necessarily prove a thing. Yes, convicted. He may have had a piss poor lawyer, or decided to take a plea bargain.

Any time I do a trade or sale with a stranger, there will be a Bill of Sale. Nothing you posted has convinced me differently.

YMMV.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What radar?

The BOS is in my records only. And without a search warrant, they can't have access to my records. And having committed no criminal act, they would have a hard time getting a judge to sign off on a warrant.

Wow you are really naive how the system works.

How do you think ATF got access to all those others BOS?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What? This guy dealt, according to your linked article, 108 firearms in a 3 year period. That's gonna qualify as a dealer all day long. Selling a couple here and there? Come on now.

The BOS is a lightning rod on this forum.

If you list a firearm here, be very clear if you’re going to require a BOS, copy of DL/LTC, and which Sonic manager you prefer as a notary.

That’ll avoid some awkward situations.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Well, could not PM it as there is a 420 character limit; so here it is for all to see:

And there I was thinking it was a certain type of Texans (like you and by that I just mean the pricks not the nice folks I have met here who are in the great majority) who were screwing over gun and ammo buyers during this panic. After all - where is Cheaper Than Dirt located, where were they founded, where are they from - the answer: deep in the heart of Texas:

CTD was born in Texas: Read their story here: https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/company-info/our-story/our-story.html

Here is their current address:

Cheaper Than Dirt!
    P.O. Box 162087
    Fort Worth, TX 76161
    Source: https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/contact-us

Now I may have forgiven CTD once, after believing they had changed their ways and would no longer screw over gun owners but I will not again. If you think it shameful or wrong or foolish to forgive though, then you and I are most definitely not of the same mold. I was brought up to allow forgiveness if it appeared someone had made amends for past transgressions. Then again, should they keep transgressing, forgiveness goes out the window. Is that what you consider New Yorking or foolish?

You, as usual when responding to one of my posts, criticize me for often using a bill of sale when I sell a firearm or for wanting one from the seller when I purchase one. You seem to think this is some type of New York phenomenon that is alien to Texas. Yet for some odd reason that does not agree with your reasoning on the subject, the Texas Gun Trader site says this:

Source: https://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=28&b=137.

I guess by your logic that must mean the folks at Texas Gun Trader must be foolish, anti-constitutional & especially anti 2nd Amendment; you know - like you think about New Yorkers.

Or is it my buying ammo considered New Yorking and foolish by you. You buy it (mostly 22LR as I recall from one of your previous posts in another thread) and you reload it - so what. Do you think it foolish I was planning on continuing to replenish my ammo inventory at a decent pace over the next few months but then decided to buy everything I could just recently because I saw the panic coming. I realized if I waited prices would become prohibitive (exactly as they have become) and would prevent me from replenishing my inventory as I had planned over the next few months. Was making a large purchase, recently, at less than normal prices with my discount and free shipping really your definition of being foolish and of New Yoking?

It is not a relocated New Yorker who is screwing gun owners, as you seemingly would have others believe, by selling at outrageous prices and how dare you even hint by implication I would do such. Nor is it a New Yorker who is giving Texans a bad name. No sir it is not a New Yorker but certain Texans, evidently your own kind and that comes as no big surprise to me after dealing with you in these forums. While most folks here in Texas have been friendly, welcoming, honest and fair toward me and others I know who have moved here - that has not been the way you reacted. You and your attitude, along with CTD and their practices, just go to show that even the Great State of Texas has it's nasty faults because when it comes to screwing Texans and Texas, it is other Texans like CTD and you who are doing it. CTD by astronomical pricing on ammo and you by way of destroying the friendly picture of Texans that others had before they encountered you. Thank goodness you are not the typical Texan that I have met. The typical Texan - in my experience - is a gentleman or a lady and is fair, honest, polite, courteous, well mannered, and friendly.

From you:

If the panic continues, you could also sell some of the idiots ammo at a decent profit - that is if you have enough. It's just like the stock market. I am not saying to sell ammo at CTD prices, just a decent but not outrageous profit to the fools who are panic buying it.

So there's that.

I guess that would make you the prick that screws over other gun owners.

Not sure how you lumped me in that group besides to make yourself feel better I guess.

I will admit some consider me a prick but only because I am not afraid to call people out on their bullshit so I guess it makes sense that you would think that.

As far as where CTD is located? What does that matter? I feel no loyalty to them because they are from Texas after what they did.

I have no problem forgiving a company or person their faults if they admit them and deserve forgiveness. CTD has done neither and I knew they would do it again.

TGTrader suggesting a BOS? They don't require one as they don't sell any firearms and many believe in the foolish practice of self registration. It isn't the law so why try to make it seem required and easier to become law? Only an idiot would participate in that practice of pushing blue state rules on a red state.

I guess starting a thread about what you bought during the panic and then claiming you aren't panic buying must be some sort of attempt to make yourself feel better about your bullshit too.

I truly am sorry you thought you could just bring your New York bullshit to Texas and we would accept you as one of our own.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Whether a person does a BOS or not, is personal preference.

I do believe that a BOS kept me from getting jammed up legally years ago.

A couple of years after I sold a gun to a co-worker, it was found used in an armed robbery. I was the last person that had filled out a Form 4473 on that pistol. With the BOS I was able to show I didn't own that pistol at the time of the robbery and point them in the right direction. The co-worker had sold the pistol to a cousin of BIL who did the robbery.

But also to clarify that this is pretty much a moot point, I really don't sell guns I buy anymore, and the few I have sold or traded were with family or friends, or were put on consignment sale with my gun shop. I let them handle the paperwork.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Whether a person does a BOS or not, is personal preference.

I do believe that a BOS kept me from getting jammed up legally years ago.

A couple of years after I sold a gun to a co-worker, it was found used in an armed robbery. I was the last person that had filled out a Form 4473 on that pistol. With the BOS I was able to show I didn't own that pistol at the time of the robbery and point them in the right direction. The co-worker had sold the pistol to a cousin of BIL who did the robbery.

But also to clarify that this is pretty much a moot point, I really don't sell guns I buy anymore, and the few I have sold or traded were with family or friends, or were put on consignment sale with my gun shop. I let them handle the paperwork.
    The fact that you didn't commit the armed robbery probably had more to do with it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The most obvious case I’ve seen for lack of BoS causing absolutely no harm was when a Muslim member of hours sold an AK that was later found in the hands of Mexican cartel members.

He was questioned by the ATF and moved on with life. He’s a good guy, but on the surface you’d think the situation checked all the boxes for “we can get this guy for something”.

BoS isn’t necessary to keep you out of trouble and has been proven to be evidence the gov will use to lock you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom