• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    When you order 1000 rounds of 45ACP and it comes in and it all says 45GAP? Yep, checked the wrong box when ordering and as most of you know, ammo is non-returnable.

Well, after setting on this ammo for 6 months, I just went and bought a Glock in 45GAP!

I think this will become my "Glove Box" pistol so I don't beat up my 1911's in the car.

Good or bad, the decision was made.

Brad
    ARJ Defense ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Could always rebarrel a 1911 in .45 GAP ... would imagine an aftermarket barrel maker could do that easily since it's the same dimension, just shorter.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Could always rebarrel a 1911 in .45 GAP ... would imagine an aftermarket barrel maker could do that easily since it's the same dimension, just shorter.

I've been thinking about that. I don't know if they still offer it, but Springfield did offer a small 1911 compact in 45GAP. I've got a Norinco 1911.....and I've been thinking about a rebarrel project! Good call!

Brad

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Find a model Smith Model 24, or similar revolver in 45 ACP. Have it cut for moonclips. Have a really good time shooting it in matches since the GAP will eject cleaner and reload faster.

malladus

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Find a model Smith Model 24, or similar revolver in 45 ACP. Have it cut for moonclips. Have a really good time shooting it in matches since the GAP will eject cleaner and reload faster.

malladus

Will that work? I remember reading that 45 gap was a higher pressure than 45 auto.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    any excuse to aquire another gun, especially a glock is good with me. hmmmm, I wonder if I accidently "order the wrong ammo" if I could justify to my wife the immediate purchase of another gun?

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Actually, I'm going to shoot it up with the Glock 38 I bought. Took it to the range this morning and off-hand at 25 yards, it impressed me.

Glock3845GAP25yds.jpg

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    yup, just get the gun to match the ammo. Easy fix and you get ANOTHER gun :)

Glock .45 gap's are very very discounted right now!... saw a beautiful OD glock 45 gap at the gunshow today new for $325....

If i reloaded or thought the GAP wasn't going to fade away, i would have bought it.

JOe

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Hell the ammo must have cost $300 for 500 rds...the Glock 38 had to cost $450-$550....you have either a lot of money to burn or a great wife. I bought a Kel-Tex P3AT last week and my wife STILL won't let me live it down! Good job....

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    My wife loves to shoot as much as I do. We've been shooting for all of the 35 years of marriage. I took her to the gun range while we were dating and that hooked her on "our" hobby.

Wives are like kids, you have to train 'em early!

Top Bottom