Hurley's Gold

so what is required to purchase the good stuff...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have considered getting an ffl for a while but after researching it i'm not sure that i would be able to meet the requirment as a dealer in order to build the full auto ar i really want. i have actually gotten more confused on requirments for other purchases. My questions are:

1. Do i need an FFL to purchase a suppresor

2. What is the averagw cost of setting up a trust

3. could i build an mg and register it to a trust.
    Texas SOT

googie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    central texas
    I have considered getting an ffl for a while but after researching it i'm not sure that i would be able to meet the requirment as a dealer in order to build the full auto ar i really want. i have actually gotten more confused on requirments for other purchases. My questions are:

1. Do i need an FFL to purchase a suppresor.

nope a trust..or if your local chief LE officer will sign off on a from 4 you dont need the trust.

2. What is the averagw cost of setting up a trust
    I PAID $450
    no only would be able to buy transferrable MG. you can build sbs and sbr's.....you have to be a manufacutre to build and posess a new mfg mg.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    No new machine guns can be made post 1986 by civilians. B/C of supply and demand that means it is going to cost you 8-20k to get one.

You need to talk to the Gun Trust Lawyer Sean Cody.. Only one that you should take legal advice from, or trust legal documents from.
    My two cents..

Cough cough.

Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Do i need an FFL to purchase a suppresor.
    No. Individuals can possess suppressors with an approved form 4 or build one with an approved Form 1. .

2. What is the averagw cost of setting up a trust.
    approximately $500. Call Sean Cody. .

No. You would need to obtain an SOT type 7 FFL license to manufacture firearms.

Good luck
    RFA

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Thank bith... but look at this guys original post.. without explaining what a SOT ffl7 does.. the short answer is .. No machine guns can be made by individuals. I did not mean civilian as military vs. regular citizen even though it came off that way..

He is so far off it isn't funny. He was not saying I cannot become a ffl07... he meant FFL type 1. An FFL to get a suppressor? He did not do very much research obviously.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Thank bith... but look at this guys original post.. without explaining what a SOT ffl7 does.. the short answer is .. No machine guns can be made by individuals. I did not mean civilian as military vs. regular citizen even though it came off that way..

He is so far off it isn't funny. He was not saying I cannot become a ffl07... he meant FFL type 1. An FFL to get a suppressor? He did not do very much research obviously.

Ah, I get what you meant now. I agree getting a suppressor is easy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My main point of confusion was the fact of getting a suppresor without an ffl, i was unsure of building mg's because i have known people in the past who had built them, apperently for sale to government agencies, i did not pry into their buisness, but they had friends in law enforcment who would come out and shoot so i assume all was legal. Most of my research was done using the batf faq link found in some threads which seemed to point to ffl for suppresors. It is hard to find people with good knowledge on the subject who can give simple yes or no asnswers. Ya'll are very helpfull when it comes to this and it is very appreciated.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    My main point of confusion was the fact of getting a suppresor without an ffl, i was unsure of building mg's because i have known people in the past who had built them, apperently for sale to government agencies, i did not pry into their buisness, but they had friends in law enforcment who would come out and shoot so i assume all was legal. Most of my research was done using the batf faq link found in some threads which seemed to point to ffl for suppresors. It is hard to find people with good knowledge on the subject who can give simple yes or no asnswers. Ya'll are very helpfull when it comes to this and it is very appreciated.
    Those people you knew who built machine guns to sell to gov agencies had 07/02 licenses. You'll need to find a class 2 or 3 SOT and pick out the suppressor you want, then send the paperwork to BATFE. Hardest part is the wait.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Those people you knew who built machine guns to sell to gov agencies had 07/02 licenses. You'll need to find a class 2 or 3 SOT and pick out the suppressor you want, then send the paperwork to BATFE. Hardest part is the wait.

Thanks, guess i i had better start working on getting a trust set up. You have been very helpfull. hopfully i can have a nice quiet ar-15 by spring. Or hit the lottery and dump some cash on a pre 86 mg!

Top Bottom