Guns International

So, what's the word on Constitutional permitless carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I apologize for the offending remarks. I have spent a lot of time on Constitutional Carry. And I too am afraid it's out for awhile. But while there is a chance I feel it's worth the effort. CC would help solidify gun rights in America. The 16 states that passed it during or before the last administration are so very much to be commended for speaking states rights to power. I so want Texas to stand tall in front. But that's not the case. While Texas is great, on gun rights we are a malingerer and an also ran. Abbott dropped the ball and has one last chance to pick it up again. Instead I read (the forum) here that Obama was a better President than Reagan. With that sort of establishment gun support we may be doomed as the brainwashing is working. Again sorry for jumping on your case. Reagan gave some to get some, time proved it was a bad choice. Abbott just talks and fails to do anything real. Allowing me to pay less for my 2nd amendment rights is pandering not progress. I hear there are some readers here that have ears in Austin, if so make them listen. I best stop before I get adamant again.

Thanks for the apology. We are on the same team. I wish we had real libertarian and conservative legislators and governor, but that is not the case, and it is troubling that out of the 15 items listed for the special session, our 2nd Amendment "privileges" were not even mentioned. To be honest, I think it's going to take a change in the way our legislature operates in order to get things done. Too much shit is done behind the scenes, without any public knowledge or accountability.

Bills that should have been easy as hell to pass:
    Defining a school in regards to carry (removing "or education institution")
    Removal of off limit areas for LTC holders (based on track record)
    Reduction of LTC fees
    First Responder Bill
    Punishment for gov't entities/leases still posting 30.06/07

Things harder but still doable with majorities in both bodies of congress and governor:
    Constitutional Carry

Obviously we got pennies on the dollar. Not acceptable.

Top Bottom