• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The 50 have all become slave states to the United States which has become an entity itself.

A mental exercise is to ask whether, if the States met in Convention and abrogated the Constitution, thus ending their contract, would the United States still exist as an independent entity? I think it would, with significant assets; doesn't seem constitutional to me...

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    The 50 have all become slave states to the United States which has become an entity itself.

A mental exercise is to ask whether, if the States met in Convention and abrogated the Constitution, thus ending their contract, would the United States still exist as an independent entity? I think it would, with significant assets; doesn't seem constitutional to me...

The contract between the individual States and their delegated agent was breached long ago. Does a contract still govern once it is breached?

Assets, particularly those gained through plunder, only matter to "might makes right".

Might does not change truth.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    iHAVE SAID THIS MANY TIMES BEFORE BUT BEARS REPEATINGI HAVE HEARD THIS TEXAS SECEEDING FOR DECADES NOW AND YET STILLIT HSN'THAPPENED YET TIME TO EITHER SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT

Weakening the will of the citizens of Texas is one of the reasons the central state claims only it has authority to defend the Texas border....and then does all it can to sabatoge it.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Weakening the will of the citizens of Texas is one of the reasons the central state claims only it has authority to defend the Texas border....and then does all it can to sabatoge it.
    Probably more than a little truth to that statement.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I've not yet read the book, but I thought those who understand and appreciate the value of decentralization might be interested in the discussion with its author.

The Jefferson Republic

https://lawliberty.org/podcast/the-...ail&utm_term=0_53ee3e1605-658d128e5c-72509081

Hi -
    From that article, Gutzman offered this -

that if there were a conflict between the federal government and the states, he would prefer the states. But then within a state, he would prefer counties, and within counties, he would prefer wards. And this gets back to the idea I mentioned earlier, that the average person couldn’t expect to be a cabinet officer or vice president or a senator, but he could hope to convince his neighbors that they had a common understanding of the way life ought to be lived. And so if the government was left largely decentralized, people in Massachusetts and people in Virginia who didn’t agree about political questions could all be happy because they could all be governed by their own neighbors.

For me, that ^^ would be a step in the right direction, but not nearly far enough.
    I'm more of the Tolkien persuasion:

tgt20.jpg

Top Bottom