• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I think there is a better chance of redrawing state lines in certain places than Texit.

Could it work for Texas? Yes ofcourse. It will never happen as there is just too much to over come that too many people would have to agree on.

It won't happen without lots of animosity or possibly bloodshed to some extent.

Arkady Kobach

Expert in all things MAC.
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It just wouldn't make sense for the United States to go to war with Texas over secession, when the alternative would be business as usual with only a relatively few exceptions to the benefit of Texas with little loss to the United States.
    What with everything in Texas being big, including its status as the 29th largest recipient of federal aid, cutting off that aid in the event of a secession attempt would take little effort but yield maximum results.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    What with everything in Texas being big, including its status as the 29th largest recipient of federal aid, cutting off that aid in the event of a secession attempt would take little effort but yield maximum results.
    Let's do some critical thinking. Texas is huge with a decent population and we're in the lower half of funding. All things equal we should be # 2 or 3, but we're 29th. We'll be alright without the planned parenthood money.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Again critical thinking fail.

Federal Aid isn't a gift from the gooberment, it's tax money.

Texans and texas buisness pays over 135 billion a year in federal income taxes alone. Number 2 or 3 right behind California and tied with or right behind NewYork. So that money wouldn't goto the feds.

We're number 9 when you figure federal taxes paid as a percentage of income.

That doesn't include other fees and money the feds get from permits etc.

Based solely on that Texas would be ahead by about 10 billion dollars if we kept our federal income taxes and spent that money here.

Again not counting the increase in energey revenue from not having to beg for premission to drill or pump or decrease in costs from federal regulations across the entire economy.

You really suck at this.

Again I think texit is a bad idea but it wouldn't be because of any long term damage to texas. You're libtarded desire to control cancel or dole out punishment to those who don't think like you severely retards your ability to think critically.

Last edited:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Too many cowards posing as conservatives for secession to ever happen. We in the libertarian party call it national divorce, but frankly conservatives are cowards who wouldn't even get off of their recliner if there was even a little push back from the United States, that's why it will never happen.

I don't know why that when people talk about certain groups of people, in this instance conservatives, that they have to insinuate ALL conservatives are cowards, which is not true. I personally know a hell of a lot conservatives that are NOT ,cowards, as you put it. But, like the libertarian party, some have to put down the conservatives, and other parties, to,try to, make them seem like they are better and know more than any one else because of the small following they have.

Instead of insinuating ALL conservatives, you should have said, SOME conservatives.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I don't know why that when people talk about certain groups of people, in this instance conservatives, that they have to insinuate ALL conservatives are cowards, which is not true. I personally know a hell of a lot conservatives that are NOT ,cowards, as you put it. But, like the libertarian party, some have to put down the conservatives, and other parties, to,try to, make them seem like they are better and know more than any one else because of the small following they have.

Instead of insinuating ALL conservatives, you should have said, SOME conservatives.
    Like saying All libertarians are nothing more that anarchists too stoned to show up to protests.

Or all libertarians are political cowards taking a losing position so they don't have to make an effort and take a realistic side.

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Arkady Kobach

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's do some critical thinking. Texas is huge with a decent population and we're in the lower half of funding. All things equal we should be # 2 or 3, but we're 29th. We'll be alright without the planned parenthood money.
    Well, I guess you are free to be traitors to this great republic, emulating your ancestors.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Please do provide us with citations supporting your rather quaint notion!
    When I was 15 or so, my grandmother showed me the original copy where they had to denounce allegiance to William IV and claim allegiance to the Republic of Texas. She's dead and I'm 40 now, so don't know where all that stuff went. My great great great aunt was Ma Ferguson first woman governor of TX as well. Both sides of my family have been here a while.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Well, I guess you are free to be traitors to this great republic, emulating your ancestors.
    #arkadykoachxit
    9309c1d61ff2de1ac14911a4b7c1af69.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Arkady Kobach

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was 15 or so, my grandmother showed me the original copy where they had to denounce allegiance to William IV and claim allegiance to the Republic of Texas. She's dead and I'm 40 now, so don't know where all that stuff went. My great great great aunt was Ma Ferguson first woman governor of TX as well. Both sides of my family have been here a while.
    That's nice but I was referring to your rather absurd allegation of treason.

Top Bottom