• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let it secede!
    Then close all roads and highways leading into it, disconnect any powers sources from outside the state, cut off internet access, stop all ATM, CC and any other kind of financial transfers in and out of the state, stop railroad traffic in and out, suspend Texas banks from the Federal Reserve, allow no stock transactions emanating from Texas and then sit back.......................................
    Maybe; but Texas and associated states would stop paying federal income taxes, regulate our own energy, agriculture, government, etc. A big WIN, all around !
    Capitol Armory ad

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Too many cowards posing as conservatives for secession to ever happen. We in the libertarian party call it national divorce, but frankly conservatives are cowards who wouldn't even get off of their recliner if there was even a little push back from the United States, that's why it will never happen.
    So anyone who thinks Texas should remain a state in the United States is a coward? Seems a little harsh considering that none of my fellow retired military friends support Texit at his time. Personally I believe that Texas is not currently capable of standing alone as a nation without a serious drop in our standard of living. I also believe that Texans should work towards a self sustaining economy, We win with that program whether Texas remains a state or eventually returns to a Republic on it's own.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I don't know why that when people talk about certain groups of people, in this instance conservatives, that they have to insinuate ALL conservatives are cowards, which is not true. I personally know a hell of a lot conservatives that are NOT ,cowards, as you put it. But, like the libertarian party, some have to put down the conservatives, and other parties, to,try to, make them seem like they are better and know more than any one else because of the small following they have.

Instead of insinuating ALL conservatives, you should have said, SOME conservatives.

It wasn't meant that way other than there are a LOT of conservatives that talk a big game and have cute bumper stickers but don't do crap. :-)

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    So anyone who thinks Texas should remain a state in the United States is a coward? Seems a little harsh considering that none of my fellow retired military friends support Texit at his time. Personally I believe that Texas is not currently capable of standing alone as a nation without a serious drop in our standard of living. I also believe that Texans should work towards a self sustaining economy, We win with that program whether Texas remains a state or eventually returns to a Republic on it's own.

No anyone claiming we should secede but when we actually tried sat on their couch (kind of like the previous theft of elections) nto people who want to remain, they're certainly welcome to that opinon.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    The clash of cultures is not so much Texas against the coasts. The larger disconnect is between the left/right coast VRS south/heartland/resource states.
    Not even limited to America, the disconnect between eastern and western Canada reflects the same problem.
    I see the natural division to be a new union from Alaska down the heartland to Texas and across to Florida, and the other Union to be the right/left coast/northeast.
    This makes entirely TOO MUCH SENSE so the chance of pulling it off is .000000001%.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Let it secede!
    Then close all roads and highways leading into it, disconnect any powers sources from outside the state, cut off internet access, stop all ATM, CC and any other kind of financial transfers in and out of the state, stop railroad traffic in and out, suspend Texas banks from the Federal Reserve, allow no stock transactions emanating from Texas and then sit back.......................................
    That's your method to fight against it? Really? How do you think that would work, you know, logistically? First of all, not feasible. This isn't Afghanistan. Secondly, you really sell Texas short on what it has and what it produces and the utter size of its economy, technology, energy, etc.

Bottom line is the US needs Texas more than Texas needs to be in the US. Our state would do just fine on its own, in fact better than fine.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    What with everything in Texas being big, including its status as the 29th largest recipient of federal aid, cutting off that aid in the event of a secession attempt would take little effort but yield maximum results.
    29th largest recipient out of 50? As the 2nd most populous state? I like those numbers.

Texans earn money and pay taxes too, you know, and a shitload of it. And they would no longer be doing so to the US. Hmmmm.....

Not saying it will happen soon, but I think it will eventually, and not just with Texas. Just seems inevitable with the way things are going unless folks just roll over and accept having their freedoms removed little by little. But think about these things before you post. There's a lot poorer and less advanced countries than this state who do just fine.

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Oklahoma has bigger balls and apparently like freedoms more than Texas. We would likely be the one asking if we can follow………again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Texas has the political clout though. The only way we will eventually win isn't by a bunch of individual gun owners or even groups of Conservatives doing it. It will have to have legitimacy. That means States and State Governors/ Government will have to band together and fight the tyranny that is coming in the future.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    29th
    What with everything in Texas being big, including its status as the 29th largest recipient of federal aid, cutting off that aid in the event of a secession attempt would take little effort but yield maximum results.
    29th largest recipient. Cutting this off? Where does the federal money you call aid come from. Right here, TEXAS 3rd largest State contributor to that vast pit, but the 29th largest recipient. Cutting off what Texas dumps into the Fed, would devastate the Union. Cutting the fed off of our income, excise, fuel, business, taxes verses the trivial aid they " give" us. Seems like a hell of a bargening chip.

Top Bottom